Note to New Members ×

The Carver's Almanac 2006

Scott Firestone

Scott,

awsome job!

I just read your topic on avalanche and especially the ABS airbag backpack.

Of course its not the safety thing ( one should first as you mention be carefull, never ride alone etc..) but those bags save many lifes in europe every winter. Two cham guides were saved last year with their airbags, many people also have their lived saved with it. Stats on people taken by an avalanche with the airbag clearly show that the efficiency of the system too.

I wouldn't go offpiste without mine anymore... !

Nils

Will you be at SES this year? I will finally make my first SES appearnace :)

I'll see you there - I'm arriving a few days early to hang out with Jörg & Co, so I'm practicing my SwitzerDütsch. Attending the SES seems to improve my heelside, so I'm attending for all 7 days in order to get the maximum dosage.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for all the hardwork, as a little guy in a slightly bigger pond I truly appreciate your including me.

Are you using anything to practise your SwitzerDütsch? Or was that just a joke?

I've taken 8 years of German, but never having lived there and being out of school for a decade has severely limited my practice. Now I am looking for a brush up class or software/tapes to help get it back.

Take care,

RJ