Note to New Members ×

OT - Freemasons

ncermak

you should really go see for your self, and its a good way to get connections.

anyway, thats what pretty much what my grandfather told my dad, my dad says its good if you need a loan or something along those lines or are in need of other things at a special rate, if want a job at a local business you might get prefered status if someone at that employer is also a mason.

My dad claims its just a boys club for big boys but it can be very beneficial for you because it can provide opertunities that otherwise would not be there, if you are liked.

hmmm, think of

I hear they control the British crown,

keep the metric system down,

leave Atlantis off the maps,

keep the martians under wraps,

hold back the electric car,

make Steve Gutenberg a star,

rob cavefish of their sight,

and rig every Oscar night.

I hear they control the British crown,

keep the metric system down,

leave Atlantis off the maps,

keep the martians under wraps,

hold back the electric car,

make Steve Gutenberg a star,

rob cavefish of their sight,

and rig every Oscar night.

Dang it!!! You beat me to the punch :smashfrea

to solidify the da vinchi code hersay, my grandfather was a freemason and my dad has told that there is a lot of hating on catholics involved, but i would venture a guess that it is mostly one of the oldest drinking clubs around. **my drinking buddies have a masonry problem** :freak3:

but seriously, there are some real benefits to membership. My grandomther spent nearly 20 years in a masonic nursing home free of cost, i believe, following a stroke. The networking implications are also obvious, but that should not be the sole reason for joining anything.

My granfather was a mason/shriner....I have nothing but respect for the organization after having worked in the Shriner's Burn Hospital in Galveston. We would accept referrals for free care but we would have to get approval from the treasurer of the sponsoring temple for that care. I got a call from a doc in Mexico City one night at 0200-2 kids with very severe burns after dad looked for a gas leak with a lighter and blew the house up-2 air ambulances with a day layover because the pilots couldn't work over 10 hours a day. I looked up the name and number for the temple that sponsored Mexico City referral-some little temple in Edinburg, TX. I called the treasurer and asked him to approve the 2 air ambulances($20,000 total cost) He simply said "I don't know how we will pay for it but okay"

Every dime the Shriners raise for their hospitals goes to their hospitals-I have always given very liberally since then