Note to New Members ×

Binding Setups?

Guest SpecRaceM5

Guest SpecRaceM5

I am new to alpine riding, and was curious as to what ange set ups you guys and girls are running. I have fairly basic Rossignol plates. They adjust circular, and cant side to side. Also, how wide of a stance do you have? I am 6' and have a 159 board.

You'll need to experiment but Jack is the genius to chat to .

I run 3 Deg rear cant @ 62 deg front , 6 deg forward cant @ 58 deg on the rear.

Burton Race 185 which has a fairly narrow waist so these figures might not be much good to you with only a 159.

Try the Welcome Pages here http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/welcome_center.cfm

or the more specific Setup Page here http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/setup.cfm

And don't forget the

Techarticles here http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/tech_articles.cfm

I ride 177 Axis and 179 FC2 with angles at 55 and 60 (heel and toe bails just over the edge of the board) with a 19.5 stance width. This is a set up I try to ride consistantly with my bindings centered on the board( front to back). When I am setting up on a new board I am usually more concerned with the position of the bails over the edge instead of the angles. With a wider board I can get away with more relaxed angles and be more comfortable with better edge hold (for me). Have you looked here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/setup.cfm

http://www.alpinecarving.com/binding_setup.html

fixed the links, sorry

I run 60-65 degrees on the front depending on the width of the board, with the rear foot a few degress less. 19.75" stance. TD2s, 6deg rear, 3deg front. Almost all lift. I am going to try Bob J's/Jack's suggestions of a wee bit of outward cant on the rear foot this season, and perhaps the gas-pedal.

The lowest angles I run on plates are in the high 40's, the highest around 60. It all depends on the waist width of the board. I use TD2s and last season I used 3 degree cants on front and 6 on back on my 182 ands 188, with about a 20.25" width, 3/3 on my Donek Axis with about a 19.75" width, and 0/3 on my Madd 170, not sure what the stance width was but I will guess around 19.5".

My stance tends to change from season to season, I usually start where I left off the previous season and tweak from there. Things like injury and recover tend to impact my stance a lot, I sprained an ankle two season ago and I have a somewhat misaligned right (back) hip that is extremely sensitive to stance tweaks or lack thereof. As the hip condition changes so does my stance.

Maybe because I have too many boards and bindings but I try to set mine up so my feet are parallel and flat to the board - no cants.

I am at 65 on my burners (size 28.5) and have to go that far or I drag.

Running 45 on my Frontier. and 35 or so on my Canyon.

Also I am still looking for that pair of Raichles for you with no success so far. I think my nephew might have run off with them. Do you still need?

Best,

Jerry

anyone have experience setting stance, cant and angles with the rider's gender part of the determinating factors?

male/female hip to foot alignment is different. I know it can play into bicycle fit. How does it effect board binding setup?

just curious. my wife and I were talking about it. I know what works for me simply does not for her.

Good point Arc dude , I suspect the width of the hips could well play a part in deternining the overall stance width and possibly the cant and angles, depending on how forward she likes. start at 45 deg F, 40 Deg R and work from there .

I set my board on the floor and with the TDII's top plate screws loosened, twisted around until I found a spot that just "clicked" and used that as a starting point.

Hope this helps

with a 6 degree lift in back, slight inward cant. No lift up front, but a slight inward cant as well. I ride F2 titanium's w/Intecs on all my boards so if you know how small the cant wedges from those are that's all the cant I run. Stance is 18.5 although I've thought about widening it this year. With my long legs I figure I could use a bit more width to lower my CG. Experiment & document, that's how I ended up where I'm at, just pick a day to blow on getting your set-up right, it'll pay off in the long run,

Have fun,

Paul