Note to New Members ×

Bode hassled by the man

Jack M

WOW only $250!!!:eek: I got a $430 ticket for doing 53 in a 30 in a construction zone. The fine was doubled but that means that i wouldve had only a $215 for going 23 over. that was in MA. In NH, you kill someone and get a $20 fine for disturbing the peace. Gotta love New Hampshire.:1luvu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since everyone else added something here I figured I would too! :1luvu:

Since I got my license after the 3rd driving test I have been pulled over probably about 12 times for speeding, and a couple for not fully stopping at a stop sign.(No persons killed as of yet either)

A few years ago I took my speeding habit to the races and bought myself a race car. The carving wasn't enough for me. I did something called Rally, which is big in Europe and not so much here. I had an all wheel drive 200+hp 4cyl rocket. You race on forestry service roads usually on gravel or mud, sometimes on pavement of some sort. After 3 times racing and the car final dying I was basically satisfied. Now I'm generally a 5mph over driver and also hate the fact that the posted speed limits make absolutely no sense on some roads. 55 on the highway and right off the highway on a side road 55 also? HUH? How's that make sense?

:smashfrea

Also here we have a great new law that says you have to go 20mph in a school zone 24hrs a day 7 days a week 365days a year. Yes that is really a great law so the police always have a way to generate income 24/7! Gotta love the police. They always complain about how they don't have enough manpower yet all I usually see them doing is traffic related enforcement while the Meth and other drug problems skyrocket here!

:barf:

55 on the highway and right off the highway on a side road 55 also? HUH? How's that make sense?

Yep, welcome to Oregon. Freeways are definitley NOT the best place to speed here! Highway 26 betwwen Government Camp and Madras on the other hand - when it's dry that is...

Whilly

I used to live in MA an had wanted to go to that rally but never had the chance to go. I live in the other Portland now though, west coast. The bets I can hope for now is the occasional Rally Corss they do here or going to help at the 2 local races they have each year. The Oregon Trail and Wild West Rallys, those are the ones I was in.

Most accidents happen when people get too relaxed, complacent. Like when you're on a busy freeway, everybody tries to drive in the center of their lane, nice and smooth, steady. This is the wrong thing to do because it lulls everyone around you into a false sense of security. You want to weave around a little, speed up and down, that kind of thing, maybe jerk the wheel once in a while. That puts everyone around you on high alert, they'll be watching you and really be on their toes.

Not sure I agree. As a German, driving on a German Autobahn, I often feel what people are lacking is exactly that nice and smooth style. As you may know we don't have a general speed limit. Guess what happens? You find yourself in your Volkswagen jammed between torpedoing Porsches and BMWs going 250 km/h on the left lane and the creeping trucks on the right.

As a pedestrian I think that American drivers are much more amicable than the common European ones -- at least that's my experience from about 10 years ago in the New England states. Maybe that has been changed.

Not sure I agree. As a German, driving on a German Autobahn, I often feel what people are lacking is exactly that nice and smooth style. As you may know we don't have a general speed limit. Guess what happens? You find yourself in your Volkswagen jammed between torpedoing Porsches and BMWs going 250 km/h on the left lane and the creeping trucks on the right.

As a pedestrian I think that American drivers are much more amicable than the common European ones -- at least that's my experience from about 10 years ago in the New England states. Maybe that has been changed.

The thing is though, that European drivers as a whole are a lot more curtious and "Mature" on the road, which is why the autobahn concept works there... Here in the states, it's rare for someone to pull out of the left lane to let someone that is going faster by.... That's common practice in Germany... People don't drive like A**holes over there....