Note to New Members ×

Official 2006 SES Thread: talk and let us know you're coming

fin

holy crap, i'm actually going this year! :biggthump coming from the twin cities.

after years of saying "i'm going to the session this year", then backing out due to inability to loosen the purse strings, i'm actually going to carve on a big hill, and it's at the ses. whoo hoo!!

are there rest stops on the hills? i don't think i've ever made more than 20 or so turns before getting back on the lift. my legs are going to get worked!

i'll be there the whole session sat - fri. looking forward to wide open groomers and riding with all the carvers.

-trent

Trent,

Just be sure to bring a powder board (softboots, whatever). I've yet to make a trip to Colorado that wasn't a powder day. Some call it blessed-I call it cursed. :(

You'll have six days though so I'm sure things will firm up a few days during the sesh.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advantage Rent a Car (http://www.arac.com/) has some pretty good deals on rentals out of DEB right now. A fullsize can be had for $15 including taxes, minivan or Jeep Liberyu for about $60 a day. I just rented a fullsize and cancelled my van reservation - fingers crossed for sunny weather! (Although I have plenty of practice driving my Maxima in severe conditions this winter on days when the wife has the Subaru- if the roads are open, I'll make it :biggthump )

Well, the weatherman is calling for sun, sun, and some more sun for the duration of the SES. Aspen has had an unbelievable year so far, with snowpack 140% above average. We've got a sick base, with great quality snow.

If anyone's interested, I'm can take a few trail maps and mark down the best carving trails and leave it with Michelle at the demo tent. It'll make it easier for those who've never been to Aspen/Snowmass.

Bob- I can show you some awesome tree areas, even when we haven't had snow in a while. There are a few spots in Snowmass that get blown in every day and are always sick riding.

Jim- Good idea, I'll make a few of both.

They try, but every night 20 cats for 16 hours can't come close to covering the 3,100 plus acres. They even work some of the double blacks (i'll try to show the video of a cat going for a wild ride down AMF! after the winch cable broke).

Down AMF?!?!? Was the driver ok? And the cat for that matter?

As for grooming, I think Slot, Whispering Jesse, Mick's Gully, and Green Cabin (in that order) are all trails that would be perfect candidates. I know most get groomed on a regular basis, but having them groomed on the days at Snowmass would be perfect.

Well, the weatherman is calling for sun, sun, and some more sun for the duration of the SES. Aspen has had an unbelievable year so far, with snowpack 140% above average. We've got a sick base, with great quality snow.

If anyone's interested, I'm can take a few trail maps and mark down the best carving trails and leave it with Michelle at the demo tent. It'll make it easier for those who've never been to Aspen/Snowmass.

Jim-Is your weather man from Denver or something? He must be smoking the MJ. Looks like nothing but powder days for SES:

nehvs1.jpg

If this prediction holds up it looks like Mon-Wed might be the best carving days. Just my luck. Another trip to CO another powder day. :(

Hopefully this forcast is wrong. Or maybe the snow will be light and won't affect it much...

I'll be out every day, so that would be great. Ajax is a great place to go, as you can find some powder pretty much every day, or a least soft snow. It gets very blown in certain areas, and it's not heavily ridden. It's actually the least heavily ridden mountain of the four, and my personal favorite.

Highlands has some great local's runs that no one goes on that are always pretty sweet. Great chutes and cliffs, billygoating from outcrop to outcrop.

The hanging valley area at snowmass is good too, with some sick trees and good cliffed areas. The out of bounds area of burnt mountain always has powder, and some really cool areas, like the rock garden and sherwood forest.

Latest news on the 06' SES

We are running around here at Bomber tuning enough boards to build a house. Demo boots and bindings have also gotten the full go over. We are ready!

Don't forget the first three days of the event we are joining forces with www.pureboarding.com group and calling it the World Carving Session 06'. We suspect we may go over 200 carvers at that point!

As it is today we will have boards to demo from:

• Donek
  • Coiler
  • Prior
  • F2
  • Madd
  • Nidecker
  • Ogasaka (maybe)
  • Virus
  • Swoard

Will have about 20+ sets of Deeluxe hardboots to demo in both 413 and (new this year) the Suzuka.

Also bindings from Bomber TD2s and Deeluxe X-Bones.

And you are more then welcome to ram your car into the back of the Bomber truck as that seems to be the new sport with the kids :rolleyes:

A good industry presence as well. FYI: Board guys love it when you ask them to change the side cut radius by 1mm. Ask them, its fun :D

• Chris Prior with Prior Snowboards
  • Sean Martin with Donek Snowboards
  • Frank with Virus Snowboards
  • Fin and Bob and the whole gang from Bomber
  • Mike and Shaggy with Madd Snowboards
  • Dave and Bordy with Hardbooter.com
  • Dave and Andrea with yyzcanuck.com
  • Mats with AlpinePunk.com
  • Bola with All Board Sports

Keep in mind Bomber will not be responding to e-mails or phone calls all next week (11th to 17th). For the detailed schedule of where and when the demo tent will be: http://www.bomberonline.com/SES/content/schedule.cfm

There will be at 2 to 3 carving clinics for various levels during the week put on by Sean Cassidy with www.snowperformance.com These will be announced on the final schedule we will have on the first day.

See everyone in a few days!

(* photo thanks to Scott Firestone www.alpinecarving.com)

post-1-141842214727_thumb.jpg

hey fin / michelle -

the schedule page still has the first day as TBA. where will the tent / package pick-up be? it used to say the base of fanny lift. is this still the case?

thanks. just trying to eliminate some of the phone calls on friday night / sat morning.

-trent

Coming over from Salt Lake City. Not getting in until Tuesday afternoon but bringing my girlfriend Terese along for the first time. I think the Hard Booter gang is driving over from Park City the same day. I know we are all looking forward to riding with everyone again. Utah is ready to ride.

Pat Donnelly - thanks for the Aspen weather link. See you over the there.

Joel Parker - thanks for the run down on the groomer selections.

Bob Jenny - Would liked to have made the whole SES but coming in later so I can get Terese over there carving with the gang. Hopefully Sean C. can get her skills sharpened up. She'll enjoy meeting you other ladies as well. Bob, I'll see you and Kathy Tuesday night, we are planning to stop over. I'll bring something for you. I know you East Coasters would droul over some powder, but I'm hoping for cold firm courderoy. See ya soon!

Kevin McDougall

Terese Jones

Guest James Pryor

Got the gear packed and will be leaving Sat. morning, will arrive in Aspen Sunday afternoon. Been looking forward to this trip all season. Winter just never came in S. California this year. Thankfully the snowmaking at Bear Mt. has been pretty good. Just chomping at the bit to ride my new F2 in some of that HERO snow at Buttermilk. See you soon!! Jim Pryor and family.

Man you guy's are all making me jealous,, :mad:

Quote for SES "Mate I'm about as green as a booger on St Patricks Day that I can't be with you all"

It turns out I could have come but a last minute Dental surgery spot had opened up and after being on the waiting list for over three years ,:angryfire well you get the picture.

You all have a great time and have a beer for me too OK. NEXT YEAR :eplus2: