Note to New Members ×

MHES -> MBES

Mike T

I'm in and likely to be looking for roommates. I can also do a Zupan's run for tickets for folks that are coming from outside the Portland area - let me know.

Will be fun to tear up Bachelor with a carving crew!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a reminder to keep your eye on the weather when it gets close. If we're in the middle of a big dump, bring freeride and/or powder friendly gear and get ready for some awesome tree riding on NW!

(I'm hoping we have sun and cold for optimal carving of course!)

• 2 weeks later...

... apres-carve get together at my place in Bend. We might have to do pizza instead of BBQ depending the weather this time. Bring the family - we're working on having a couple of babysitters upstairs to watch the little ones.

Plus a screening of the SES/ECES 2004 DVD. Details to follow, email me if you plan to come and I'll send directions and details when we get closer.

P.S. Dan - good making some runs with you on Saturday.

... apres-carve get together at my place in Bend. We might have to do pizza instead of BBQ depending the weather this time. Bring the family - we're working on having a couple of babysitters upstairs to watch the little ones.

Plus a screening of the SES/ECES 2004 DVD. Details to follow, email me if you plan to come and I'll send directions and details when we get closer.

P.S. Dan - good making some runs with you on Saturday.

Hey Mike, likewise! Thanks for showing us the locals' powder stashes. Will look forward to seeing you again at MBES if I don't have another chance to head out to Bachelor before then.

• 1 month later...

Oregon Expression Session at Mount Bachelor is now less than a month away! (March 17 - 20)

For those who were at SES, the OES will be a smaller, more informal affair. At this point I'm seeing numbers in the 20's.

For anyone wanting to fly in... (yes, some folks expressed interest at SES!)

-if you are coming in from anywhere to the east, Delta operates flights direct to Salt Lake City. You can probably take advantage of Delta/Continental/Northwest codeshares to plan your trip.

-if you are coming from the north or south, Horizon goes to Portland and Seattle, and United Express goes to San Francsico and Portland. If you route through SFO, Portland or Seattle, ask in advance about luggage restrictions on the smaller planes. The SLC flights use larger planes and long boards shouldn't pose a problem.

Remember: keep an eye on the weather forecast; be ready to bring tree-friendly gear! If it's socked in, my wife Bonnie and I will lead tours of the Northwest Territory :biggthump

Hey, is anyone going to MBES that will also be at the NorAm Finals at Crystal Mountain the following weekend?

If so, would you consider taking my gear up to Crystal?

I'm going to have to be in the Bay Area in the week in between MBES and the races at Crystal, and I'd prefer not to bring my riding gear (will be travelling for work). If I could fly straight to Seattle on Friday March 24 and meet up to reclaim my gear at Crystal on March 25, that would be awesome.

There's beer in it for my friendly gear delivery guy!

I have 3 boards I can loan out during the sesh:

Donek Axis 172

Donek Incline 168

Burton FP 157

All of my bindings are Intec. If anyone has any non-Intec bindings they wouldn't mind loaning out during the session, please bring 'em. Same with old boards - if you've got gear to loan out, please bring it. I've had interest from softbooters and skiers who want to give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...
I have 3 boards I can loan out during the sesh:

Donek Axis 172

Donek Incline 168

Burton FP 157

All of my bindings are Intec. If anyone has any non-Intec bindings they wouldn't mind loaning out during the session, please bring 'em. Same with old boards - if you've got gear to loan out, please bring it. I've had interest from softbooters and skiers who want to give it a try!

I've got a couple sets of OS1's and a few short decks I'd be happy to bring along. Maybe someone will get hooked and want to buy them :biggthump

There is snow in the forecast every one of the next 10 days - the final four of which are the OES dates. Keep your all mountain boards at the ready!

Anyone got a Tanker 192 or 200, who wouldn't mind swapping for a few runs - I've got an OSin 4807, a Donek Axis 172, both of which are very good in Mt Bachelor freshies (except for the amazingly light and deep on Thursday - the 4807 sunk like a rock!)

As a reminder, If you're coming to the pizza party and haven't done so, please RSVP to mt@tovino.com

If the weather pattern holds up, don't forget your low-light goggles and SkiGees.

Just to give you guys a heads up so you don't make the same mistake as me - the Costco in Bend does not honor the 5 ticket deal - If you're planning on buying those, you have to do it in portland or something...

$140 mistake on my part...ouch

Have fun guys - wish I could have been there

Mike and others,

My wife and kids decided to take a florida trip for spring break and see their grandparents so I wont be able to make it to MBES. I have an older tanker 192 with burton raceplates that I would let anyone demo if you can arrange a pickup from portland. Its not perfect and is t-bolted. Its a green one with hibiscus flowers (these ones had a bad insert design).

Hope you guys have fun

Jim

post-219-141842216138_thumb.jpg

post-219-14184221614_thumb.jpg

Anyone got a Tanker 192 or 200, who wouldn't mind swapping for a few runs - I've got an OSin 4807, a Donek Axis 172, both of which are very good in Mt Bachelor freshies (except for the amazingly light and deep on Thursday - the 4807 sunk like a rock!)

Dude. We have to talk Sandy into coming down and bringing his Tanker Fleet!!

Every Tanker model known to man.

Your 4807 sunk :mad: tell me about it. Even my 200cm was riding the bottom today!!! I need a 220cm at least!! I think I understand why those blessed with the super dry powder ride shorter boards. No resistance and they are riding on the surface below anyway?? Good day none the less.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?wfo=pdt&zone=orz043&fire=orz611&county=orc017&dgtl=1&lat=43.994583333333&lon=-121.69375

Looks like continued small does of snow each day - and you know what that means - HERO SNOW!!!

Temps will be just under freezing so the groom should be nicely firm underneath whatever comes down each night.

Rainbow Chair fans - the resort plans to run Rainbow on weekdays when Summit is closed. Weekends - they will open as weather permits. Hopefully the management will be on the ball like they were yesterday - Summit opened at 8:40, 20 minutes ahead if it's regularly scheduled opening. Almost makes up for not getting Northwest open at all last Thursday.

Your 4807 sunk :mad: tell me about it. Even my 200cm was riding the bottom today!!!

Then I don't feel bad about sinking my 4807 ;)

I must say the 4807 rocks in the trees, which as you know are something I enjoy quite a bit. It turns on a dime. No effort at all.

The recent flurry of forum activity regarding ECES and demo tents is prompting me to publish a reminder:

There is *no demo tent* for OES. It's just a small "show up and ride" kind of thing. We're probably looking at about a dozen riders each day. Hopefully more on the weekend dates, probably less on Monday. Just come and make some turns and have fun and be an ambassador for our fine sport :biggthump