Note to New Members ×

Bomber Needs Your Help - Update 6/29/06

fin

I would like to make the following statements for the public record. I have no interest financially or by blood relation to Bomberonline, Bomber Industries, its officers or employees. I would characterize myself as an alpine snowboarding enthusiast who is concerned about possible legal action against Bomberonline and/or Bomber Industries and the suppliers of their products. I speak based on my personal experiences in the sport and in the community of enthusiasts.

I have the highest regard for the staff and products I have purchased through Bomber. The business is well-managed, professional, innovative, and always attentive to the particular issues that arise in our sport because it is operated by enthusiasts who use the products being sold. The products I have purchased have always exceeded my expectations and the products designed and manufactured by Bomber Industries have outperformed like products by other manfacturers in my experience. It is my perception that the products of other manufacturers that are distributed by Bomberonline have been selected for their high quality and their proven reliability. My experience with these products would support this.

As a particpant in the sport of alpine snowboarding, I acknowledge that the sport is risky by nature. The speeds experienced and the unpredictability of conditions encountered ensure that there will always be a danger of injury. These risks can only be partially mitigated by the choice of equipment and the use of safety devices such as helmets and armour. Given the inherent risks involved, it is important to be knowledgeable and vigilant about the equipment one uses and its condition and suitability to the terrain in any particular situation. It is also important to acquire equipment from a source that is reliable and has an in-depth knowledge of the sport. I believe that Bomberonline is such a source and that, in conjunction with my own vigilant approach, can contribute to my strategy for avoiding injury and continuing to enjoy my sport for years to come.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with everything csquared posted.

Since I first heard about Bomber bindings, they had the well-deserved reputation for being high-quality, strong and durable bindings.

I hope that there is an alternate solution to litigation, and that our contributions go to the injured rider. I understand that any one of us could be in that same situation as a result of participating in our great sport.

Good luck to both parties!

MT

About to be purchased...it's in my shopping cart...

The partner of the podiatrist who did my surgery advised me never to wear soft boots again with snowboarding because of my fracture....

Speaking of my fracture, I could sue my original orthopedist for missing it...

I could sue The Canyons because I was getting off their lift when my rearfoot hung up in my bindings...

I could sue Burton because my rear foot hung up in the bindings I bought from them....

But, as I was dreaming of snow as I was popping vicodin and alleves the first night postop when I was up all night from the pain, I know it was my choice to ride in the first place....

Keep us posted on if we need to buy more kits- :cool:

I am always happy to support the cause and I would like to say I am a very satisfied bomber customer in all aspects.

I put in an order for the butter but got a CGI error on checkout. Will have to try again today. I also want to order some new Intecs. Are you still expecting stock in november Fin?

I consider Fin and crew friends and have always admired his dedication and ability to manufacture great products. He is true to his beliefs and honest about his discoveries. A true craftsman and an honest individual. I am supporting his effort and wish the best to all.

<O:p</O:pI also think that Jack should make a challenge thread for the donation end of it (PBS style) and see how many of us (only if you can afford it) will pay double, triple or even four to eight times the donation for just one starter kit. (I would start it but I am not geek enough for that type of computing) And Jack, if you do the challenge keep everyone’s names out of public eye. Numbers would be enough.

kt

My computer is giving me difficulty about getting to the online store. As soon as I get access to another computer I will order a starter kit or two. In the meantime I have to state that Bomber bindings are incredibly sturdy and well made. I had a set of Emery Course bindings before I got Bombers. I snapped the bails on these twice. I was very nervous about riding plate bindings until I got a set of Trench Diggers. They are so strong I am sure they would go ten years with me riding them without a problem. I have ridden with several expert riders and have seen several intec heel malfunctions. I have yet to see a bomber (or the equally sturdy Catek) fail. I hope our warped legal system can mange to extract Bomber from this lawsuit. Good Luck to Bomber and to Joel. I very much hope the money from my order goes to Joel and not his (or Bombers) lawyers.

Fin and the Bomber Crew,

Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for a positive outcome to this situation.

As a member of the automotive industry (engineering, evaluation and quality assurance), I have been very impressed with your products since I received my first set of Trench Digger 1 bindings 5 years ago. Bomber products are not only well engineered, they are also very high quality. It is obvious a lot of passion has gone into the design, materials selection, fabrication and testing of these products. Everything works well with great reliability and durability. Adjustments are precise and can be made easily. I will not use any other bindings on my alpine boards!

Bomber customer service is second to none. You guys have always taken great care of me (even when I was living overseas). Everybody at Bomber is stoked on carving and treats me like a friend. I appreciate that!!

Most important is what Bomber has done to support the alpine community. We all are grateful for this fantastic website (that I visit everyday!) and the resources you provide to keep this sport progressing.

Thanks for all you do for the alpine community!!!

Again, I hope this situation can be resolved in an amicable way.

Best regards,

Tom

Guest Ghostrider

First off, I'd just like to say that I don't have any knowledge of the details of this lawsuit. I haven't found, read or even looked for the other thread with all the nitty gritty details of who, what, where, when and how. All I know is Bomber is under review based on a product they distributed to a customer who was injured. I belive it is safe to assume that the rider believes they were injured as a result of using this product, which may or may not have failed, otherwise we probably wouldnt be here now.

In this sport of Alpine snowboarding, your gear is just as important as your skill to ride it. There are many pieces from the board to the bindings to the boots to the socks to the pants to the gloves to the jacket to the goggles to the helmet. All work hand in hand as a system to keep you safe, warm and entertained while you push the limits on the snow. It's safe to say that we have all had our share of equipment failure and that it is an inherited risk of the sport. That's why it is the riders responsibility to always ride in control. This doesn't just mean to ride in control with respect to others, but in relation to yourself. While your gear may be reliable, nobody can guarantee that 100% of the time it will be there for you. In these extremely rare situations, you have to be able to safely control your body so that you can come to a safe stop. If this means that you aren't riding at the speed or intensity of a professional athlete, then so be it. At the end of the day, all that matters is that you and your fellow riders can safely return to the slopes for another day.

Bomber Industries and its staff have long been a large influence to this sport. By providing a high level of service for its community of customers and non-customers, they have kept this sport alive. In my experiences with them, I have never once had regrets or second thoughts in my choice to get my equipment from them. This website alone stands as a testimonial to everything they do. Their involvement and support embraces the concept of a community. When I first purchased my Trench Digger 1 bindings from them long ago, I viewed it that I was investing in a service and not so much the product. I knew that the products would eventually have to be replaced and that they would be more than ready and waiting to help me when that time came.

So to Fin and the rest of the Bomber Industries staff (yes..I mean both of you), thank you for all that you've done and I wish you the best of luck. I hope that you may continue to strive as a successful business and I hope that the plaintiff has a speedy recovery and we will see them back on the slopes very soon.

-Bill Hartman

Kalamazoo, MI

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Randy S.

Got my Bomber Butter and stickers in the mail today. Its all I can do to stay at my desk and not run down and break out the bindings to lube them up. I love all the stickers I got. I got a red Donek one. Might have to put that on my motorcycle since my car already has one. Either that or put it on my Volkl Renntiger.

Guest dragonsword5

The idea sounds great and I really hope that good comes out of all of this. I'm new to the sport, but when I was getting into it the people who I ride with who helped (and will still help when the season is here) automatically directed me to Bomberonline. My dad and I are constantly on the site looking at the messageboard, the store (we're looking into the TD2's), articles, and everything else that's on the site.

I'm also not to aware of what really happened except that there was a terrible accident that resulted in this lawsuit. Again I'll pray that good comes out of all of this.

I'm going to look into getting the package.

Good luck to all and I'm ready for winter!

Damn I just found out what is going on. I'll be ordering as soon as I can even if things are as tight as a goldfishes ass here money wise at present.

" Noli Illigitimi Carborudum " Fin & Michelle

Loose Translation "Don't let the Bastards Grind you down"