Note to New Members ×

Canting assembly broken on Deeluxe 700

Hug Masso

13 hours ago, Hug Masso said:

Thanks! Are Rc11 and Rc12 considered recreational? In upz webpage it says for both: Racing/freecarve. The RCR are racier or just the newer version of the RCXx? Thanks for the priority order!

The point is to know not just the mondo sz but the mm/last when comparing brands or models. I do not know subtle differences between RC11 and RC12, the ‘12’s may be a year newer than 11’s(?) and I’m sure either could be modified to your desire; liner/boot tongue/spring. In my experience, overall, deeluxe seem to be higher volume w larger heel cup — not good for my skinny feet. When I bought the UPZ AT8’s a month ago (as my “soft boots!”) from CB Utah (Chris, UPZ North America) I was lucky enough to try them on with different liners and noticing the volume difference.

This has been a great thread, you have enough info to make a good decision, and ultimately, you just won’t know for sure until you’ve got on ‘board w new boots and made a few fitment tweaks. 

• Like 1

For your Track 700 temporary fix, I have used a flat head screw with a flat head washer on the inside and a nylock locknut on the outside to get me through the season. Looks Frankenstein like but effective. This is on the non-cant adjustment side as yours is on the adjustment side.

IMG_1018.jpg.c4a8f458d7166b2337a3f95a84794713.jpgIMG_1017.jpg.abb3b7a91bf95955ebd408b7c8852858.jpg

As Jack stated, watch the shell cuff plastic, I am on my 4th set of Track 700's and the white shells were the worst for shell breakage. The older red/white and newer black shells held up much better. I don't believe the 225's are the same mechanism as there is no inner cuff cant adjustment on that boot. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kibber said:

This has been a great thread, you have enough info to make a good decision

Indeed. Thank you very much! 

8 hours ago, centsless said:

As Jack stated, watch the shell cuff plastic, I am on my 4th set of Track 700's and the white shells were the worst for shell breakage. The older red/white and newer black shells held up much better. I don't believe the 225's are the same mechanism as there is no inner cuff cant adjustment on that boot.

Noted! Thank you! 

On 3/27/2024 at 7:27 PM, Hug Masso said:

Ok @Aracan, thank you, just let me confirm what you did. You put some padding in the pressure point, the socks over to keep everything in place, then heat the liner at this point, and put liner in the boot and foot inside and buckle up, so the final effect is that the liner gets more packed and thin in that pressure point. Am I correct?

That is exactly what I did 👌

• Like 1

X2 here. The more padding, the less final pressure after it's done. I also add stuff around and between my toes to spread them out for wiggle room. I also add padding to that bump on top of the foot, my pointy ankle bones, and the bump on the outside of my foot. 

It feels awful when you first buckle up the boot with all this stuff, but it is good later. 10 minutes of discomfort for on-hill comfort! 

Neoprene paddling socks are relatively cheap (well, they were 10 years ago!) and give lots of material for toe caps and padding. Scotch tape holds well on skin. Then tape your insole to your foot and add a super thin sock over it all to keep the bits in place. 

• Like 1

Rereading my post, I should add: You don't need too much. I add 2 layers of those thin neoprene socks on my ankle bones and toes as they hurt the most, then one layer in other hot spots. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys. After all the info you gave me, I thought I would give the last update. 
I found the canting assembly new, bought in Carversparadise.com, 39€ total. So thr Deeluxe 700 are repaired. For how long? Who knows. I might be selling those. 
IMG_1785.jpeg.78571d5e7d49658a2cd04d0f219e7b8e.jpeg

IMG_1786.jpeg.5c87336c3b21dbad48414c9939533485.jpeg

On another note, I bought the new UPZ RCR, those boots look like a Ferrari to be honest. I still need to figure out some stuff, but they look like i will not need to change anything. The “suspension” (coil springs) are probably okey OEM, but we’ll see. 700€ shipped with the Flo liners.

IMG_1795.jpeg.e00fdb3572d4ddb314109d5a87a1a04b.jpeg

IMG_1796.jpeg.1f62e01eab0018ec34fa6fdcd2b4d10a.jpeg

Thank you all again for your time!

Hugo