Note to New Members ×

Copyright?

philw

The answer to that is to get suitably skilled and knowledgeable people here to revise/rewrite the Tech Articles with a 2024 view.

If ASB is to be the place to come about hardbooting, it has to LEAD.

2 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

The answer to that is to get suitably skilled and knowledgeable people here to revise/rewrite the Tech Articles with a 2024 view.

what?

the answer is to take issue with someone who has posted only 2 times and for no reason other than to steal, right?

am I missing something?

Authors credited for all. And he has put back online articles that were on the Bomber site, that are not in the Tech Articles section on ASB.

Now try opening them from your mobile phone. And the link opens immediately in a mobile appropriate format and is easy to read. Now try doing the same thing with the Tech Articles on ASB.

But he has put up the Tech Articles that are on ASB without acknowledging that they continue to be available on ASB.

Not sure when they were actually written. The typeface is reminiscent of that analogue device, the typewriter. But since a photo of me at SES 2012 (the guy in red) is in the Norm Pt 1 article, I have to assume the version online is subsequent to that.

He has shown a way to make that material more easily accessible. Now, it needs to be brought up to date, in both content and presentation.

14 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

You are right.  It's been on my todo list for years.  This summer.  Video next winter.

Special thanks to their previous caretakers for converting the articles to pdf and deleting a bunch of articles for no apparent reason.  When I asked I was told "it's our prerogative".  Wayback machine to the rescue.

• Like 1

Hello,

I've started assembling the articles for my own use. Initially.

Then figured that it might help other people hence why it's public.

I can make it private again so it's not publicly available.

I can also send you the rewritten, mobile-friendly articles, or you can just fork the repository.

On 3/10/2024 at 4:39 AM, davekempmeister said:

the answer is to take issue with someone who has posted only 2 times and for no reason other than to steal, right?

Mr Dave,

Please call it what it is, a HEIST. I don't do small chump change stuff like mere "stealing".  Don't insult me.

Kind Regards,

Nicholas "The Night Fox" Toulour

---
This email was sent via my butler, Alfred, from my château in St. Moritz, paid for by the profits of my loot and the Pulitzer Prize award proceeds.

black-cat-filing-nails.gif

Edited by nicholaswmin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5