Note to New Members ×

Raichle Flexon lives!!

Jack M

The flexon was legendary for hardboot snowboarders looking for something that was both better than the snowboard hardboots out there back in the day, yet more forgiving than regular ski boots. It's been resurrected by Dalbello, and designed by Glen Plake. It's called the Krypton. This is a great boot for people who need to ski and board in the same day.

www.dalbellosports.com

... and it's got some nice up-to-date buckles.

I might have to look into a pair of those; my daughter will most likley start on skis this year, and I'll spend some time shuttling her around by want to carve while my wife takes a turn with our grom

They were my boot of choice for years. Rode them with my burton 5-hole variplates for many years till boards started coming with 4x4 patterns . I still have an old pair yet . I always wished rachele would come out with a snowboard boot based that flexion tongue (progressive stiffness) instead controlling from the rear with the RAB or 5 postion adjusters.

Jim

any idea of the difference between the Krypton Cross and the Krypton Pro?

This may replace my want for some UPZ - given that they are probably a little more mass-produced they will probably be less expensive...and I still want a boot with a din sole since I'm still spending about half my time on skis teaching my son...

Not sure the idea of controlling the flex with the plastic tongue is so good. it has been tried since many years, and no one finally succeeded in a perfect progressivity with that. This explains why the RAB, and other systems such as that of the Northwaves, UPS and all the mods that begin to appear have so much success. You can fine tune the boots and the springs to your needs, choose the progressivity on both sides ( frontside AND backside), which you can hardly do with just a few tongues to choose from.

Nils

right. but what's less convenient - changing boots mid-day, or using standard bails?

not to mention swapping the bottom soles of my UPZ. It's a pain in the ass Im already considering purchasing a seperate ski boots. Ski are alot easier to work with when it comes to working at terrain park maintenance and special events crew, like red bull contest at vail, IMO

raichle site ( www.raichle.com) leads to mammut website! must be same owner!

are u sure Kneissl got Raichle?

N.

I did a little research and they did not make them last year but K2 plans to I guess http://www.fanatykco.com/default.cfm?nid=121&navid=3&catid=0

"These were previously know as Raichle. It appers that the flexons will not be produced in 2004/05 as Kniessl will not produce boots next year. The boots are expected to make it back on the market in 2005/2006 under the K2 brand. We have good inventory now but sizing will run out quickly! If this is the only boot for you don't delay."

and from another site, The new KNEISSL Flexon Ski and Boot collection brings models into the shops which have been developed by active skiers themselves, to perfectly fulfil the high demands of this trend along the entire line. No other manufacturer has such perfectly attuned product sets for every individual segment.

Also precisely attuned in detail along the ski line is the Flexon Boots Collection: four boots can be selected in this segment. “flexon pro” and “flexon pro T” are the ultimate boots for every freerider; the “flexon t” is the entry model in the freeride scene; the children’s boot, “flexon micro fly”, dazzles through its children-friendly flex, super easy entry and high lateral stability.

The Ski Models of the Flexon Line Collection:

• flexon mogul

• flexon tanker

• flexon micro fly

The Boot Models of the Flexon Line Collection:

• flexon pro T

• flexon pro

• flexon T

• flexon micro fly Star Line Collection *** explore speed The new Kneissl Star Collection is the high point in decades of experience with the world’s best skiers. This knowledge, combined with the newest materials and manufacturing technology, has made possible new products aiming perfectly at fast, precise skiing on groomed pistes. For the victors of tomorrow: the “White Star Team” and the “Red Star Team” provide youth racers and ski stars of the future with two newly developed racing machines. Optimally tuned for giant slalom and slalom, they guarantee precision, high skiing stability and maximum acceleration. The group of sportive, ambitious race carvers is also a target group for the Star Line Boots Collection. Five different models can be selected from. While the “f competition” is definitely the right boot for the competition-oriented skier, the “f-expert” and f-expert T” - nomen est omen - are the boots for the absolute experts in this segment. With “f-team” and “f-team T” KNEISSL directs itself at the junior racers. For the young elite, two convincing pieces of competition equipment from A to Z. The Ski Models of the Star Line Collection: • white star team • red star team The Boot Models of the Flexon Line Collection: • f-competition • f-expert • f-expert T • f-team • f-team T Shorties Line Collection