Note to New Members ×

DGSS UPZ Installation

fluxgame

Anyone have the install instructions for the DGSS kit in UPZ boots? Picked up a kit second hand and am struggling to get it seated in the slot of the boot cuff. Only wants to slide in halfway, despite a few good whacks with a hammer and punch.

3 minutes ago, kibber said:

First: remove boot hinge/cant screws and boot cuff. no hammer.

Yeah, I got that step. Not sure how you'd even get the stock adjuster off without removing the cuff. The step I missed is snugging up the top nut and washer, I think that helps to keep the bolt head better aligned with the slot in the cuff. Still needed a hammer though. No way I was pushing it into place with just a screwdriver as shown in that video.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jburk said:

For "how much preload?", Roberto suggested that I always set it so that there was 10.5cm from outer to outer on the springs. 

Huh, that's interesting. I had them set at ~9cm and still found them to be quite soft. Thinking about going back to the stock springs on my front boot, in fact. For the heck of it, I backed them out to 10.5cm and there's no preload at all. Are there different versions?