Note to New Members ×

Donek Axxess/Ax - 173'ish

MNSurfer

Before I go to Sean to build one (or Prior (4WD), if Donek can no longer make this), thought I'd check here and see if someone is looking to offload a stick.

So, I'm looking for a 173-175 Ax/Axxess, with a 21.5 waist. I have M30's, so narrower isn't much of an option. Of course, I'd prefer good condition, with plenty of camber and life left. And while we're on the Wish List, Red would be great!

Basically, looking for a big brother to my 167 (pictured).   

WP_20150206_15_16_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20170110_08_11_06_Pro (2).jpg

I love your thinking, this was my first carving board ( I also use it as a surface to cut fine meats). I ride aggressively and while I have not ridden as many boards as some here, I do still appreciate the craftmanship in my 20 year old Donek AX 177. I take it out quite a bit and it still rips turns and makes me smile. You could not pry it from my cold dead hands, good luck in your quest. Happy Turns 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 8:55 AM, Kneel said:

And their rendition of "east coast" pizza... 🤮

I have a 168 Flux with a 22 waist and low miles, but that's not enough of what you are looking for.  173-175 may not even be enough unless you start getting into a +13m sidecut.

Assuming you are talking about Breckenridge Ale House and Pizza. I've been going there most weeks throughout the year(s). Their quality does swing pretty wide, you may get served not as good pizza on peak times. I really cannot find a place that is better in Summit. If you know, let me know. I'll give it a shot. Northside is meh pizza.

Edited by Odd Job

18 hours ago, Odd Job said:

Assuming you are talking about Breckenridge Ale House and Pizza. I've been going there most weeks throughout the year(s). Their quality does swing pretty wide, you may get served not as good pizza on peak times. I really cannot find a place that is better in Summit. If you know, let me know. I'll give it a shot. Northside is meh pizza.

Elevation is your enemy.  It's not the flavor. BAH is not terrible, but that crust is. I think they make matters worse with those monster slices. It just doesn't proof right at elevation like it does down at sea level.  It's either gummy(raw) or dry.  Everywhere, not just there.  This is strictly NY/NJ style pizza we're talking about. Just can't be done there.  If you find yourself lost in @big mario's motherland, look me up and I'll take you on a Portnoy approved carb tour. 👍

When I need something "pizza-like" I usually go to Peppino's in Frisco.  Owned and operated by a Southie.  The Connecticut to Boston corridor is a pretty close second so they know what they are doing, but it's still not like home.  My son has been coaching/experimenting with the chefs at Elkhorn in BV, but he says there is still work to be done.  He's coming home for a few days over Thanksgiving and his first order of business is an hour wait for a pie from Delucia's.  I may have to start freezing pizzas along with porkrolls when I come out there.

Sorry for mucking up your board search, but it looks like someone came through. 👍

• Thanks 1