Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

g) too busy pulling porcupine quills from dogs snout.

Last night my dog got into one. It wasn't anything too bad luckily, but she's very sensitive and doesn't take anything just laying down. She's really strong and couple that with being scared and in pain, it was just better to bring her to the vet and sedate her. So, come 4:00 in the morning I finally got to bed again. I sure hope she learned her lesson.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ow! Poor baby!

Let's hope he's a smart dog. Smart dogs only do it once. My neighbours dog has been for three trips to the vet with quills.

I have nothing to report. I'm looking forward to a drama free summer with my MTB, my dogs, my camping gear, a few good bottles of wine and my best grrrrlfrendz. Boys are off the radar - the social calendar is full.

It's going to be 24 deg in Calgary for the May long weekend this weekend. It's **********"campin' time".***********

Well, we already know she's a dunce, but hopefully she's learned her lesson. She still seems to think that a fourwheeler going 40mph can just stop on a dime. I know once she gets clipped by the fourwheeler once or twice she'll get it through her skull that in front of it is not a good place to be. Hopefully when that happens it'll be just enough to scare her, but not enough to actually hurt her too much.

I have noticed over the last few years that the number of posts in the Waaaaaaay OT thread is inversely proportional to the number of inches of ridable snow on the ground.

Now I know there is no more snow (apparently) and the season is finished, so what's going on?!?!?!

1. I was in Mexico

2. Still snowing here

3. nothing exciting to report, unless you want to hear about Mexico.....ah. Mexico. Warmth. Beaches. Beautiful men. Beer. Tequila. Warm. Sun.

Did I mention it was warm???

My Mexico trip a month ago involved my friend getting plastered in front of my family so much that he ate his food with his hands, left his fork in is steak, and wanted to eat the light on the way to his room.

I think we want to hear about Mexico :ices_ange

1. I was in Mexico

2. Still snowing here

3. nothing exciting to report, unless you want to hear about Mexico.....ah. Mexico. Warmth. Beaches. Beautiful men. Beer. Tequila. Warm. Sun.

Did I mention it was warm???

worthless without pics !

is it windy ? are people kiting ?

mrs willywhit should landing in Brasil any minute now, pics to follow.

palm trees and a sea breeze, that's all I need. and plenny o' cold cervejas

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO7V7sEfd2w&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO7V7sEfd2w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

willy -

you going to the Brazil - venezuala game at gillette?

FKNA !

wow ! thanks noah, I had no idea they were doing it again. Last year, I had to get back to the cape that day, Brasil v Mexico, and rush hour traffic on the expressway was a trip...brasil flags everywhere. My wife is pretty hooked up with the Brasilian community in boston and yeah, we'll be there for the match.

muito obrigado !

http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=31842&pcid=115&rss=1

"Brazil noted how much like home it felt to play here with such enthusiastic, passionate and adoring fans, so we're excited to be able to bring them back again. We anticipate another outstanding atmosphere for this game."

gonna be EPICH fooooch bol !

g) too busy pulling porcupine quills from dogs snout.

Last night my dog got into one. It wasn't anything too bad luckily, but she's very sensitive and doesn't take anything just laying down. She's really strong and couple that with being scared and in pain, it was just better to bring her to the vet and sedate her. So, come 4:00 in the morning I finally got to bed again. I sure hope she learned her lesson.

Dude -- when me and the locals of summit county went up for a hike to a real high altitude lake (south of breck but before hoosier's pass -- forgot what's the name of it, but the roadway to get to the head of the trail was real -GNARLY-)... my buddy brought his dog with him. the dog's a rottweiller, pitbull and lab mix. so... she's real HUGE (but -UBER-ly- SWEET!)... she somehow got a porcupine... and one of hte quill got in her nostril... my god... it took -SIX- of us to pin her down to get the quill out of her nose. she's a real strong dog. and get this... she was whining and crying the whole time til he got it out, and then we all cheered and clapped. guess what she did ? she wagged and gave us a smile-y pant. awwwww.

EDIT: Michelle, you know this dog -- its Steve's dog (the skinny deaf guy -- Fin knows him).

I'm taking the day off. I'm not sick or anything, but I am meeting with the banker and having a house inspected. In the next couple of weeks I'm actually gonna be a homeowner.

I moved in with my brother a little over two years ago and since he found a wife... So now I live with them...

I cannot wait until this deal goes through.

Oh.. just found this very interesting Fred here...

question: is this the "who dates who" of bomber?

Just asking, cause I didn't get over year 2005, and then skipped the rest. :)

See you at SES 09! When are the dates by the way? :lurk:

Supposed to be first sentence of fiction story that won "Worst Entry" honors in a writing contest.....

"The sun oozed over the horizon, shoved aside darkness, crept along the greensward and, with sickly fingers, pushed through the castle window, revealing the pillaged princess, hand at throat, crown asunder, gaping in frenzied horror at the sated, sodden amphibian lying beside her, disbelieving the magnitude of the frog's deception, screaming madly, 'You lied!"

:D That's all I got. Going boating now - at least it doesn't matter if the sun is shining, I'll be getting wet anyway! :biggthump

in any language.....frogs are still frogs

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGqP8ebmNec&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGqP8ebmNec&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and there's only one Prince :cool: and he's really short :freak3:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IAdQDF8WTY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IAdQDF8WTY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and if you're not easily offended I'll send ya a clip of Lemmy from motorhead and his " frog joke ". Lemmy has a movie coming out in 2009, easy to find.google it