Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

You could just move to Wyoming - very few fleas here, generally imported by tourist dogs. They don't seem to survive the winter. No fleas, lots of snow, decent nursing jobs, and a plethora of young, fit, single (and mostly immature) guys! What more could you ask for in a state?!? :biggthump:1luvu::rolleyes:

Same here....be careful what you ask for???:rolleyes:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ais, good thing you aren't my mom's kid! On the rare occasions that the dogs and I got flea infested she would toss us all into the same flea bath. :eek::eek:

You could just move to Wyoming - very few fleas here, generally imported by tourist dogs. They don't seem to survive the winter. No fleas, lots of snow, decent nursing jobs, and a plethora of young, fit, single (and mostly immature) guys! What more could you ask for in a state?!? :biggthump:1luvu::rolleyes:

yikes! yeah it was weird i only found out after having contact w a dog who had just been flea bathed after an infestation. ER visit to boot. (yep i had to go the damn ER as the acute hives traveled up my legs and i started to freak) I asked why would i have such a severe reaction to this while everyone else who had contact w the dog had none? PA said to me and I quote, "well, you're a redhead"

apparently we are notorious for our sensitive skin... i'm just a delicate lil snowflake :P

wait... there are mature guys somewhere in the world? i just accept the fact they are all big babies LOL ;)

so for christmas i want to get someone a remote car start for their car...how do i do this sneakily?

i realize i cannot get my hands on the car to get the install done, but i need to fig out year and model to order the system...

car people are there ways to fig that out w/o straight up asking "saaaaaay what year and model is this Infiniti by the way...and does it come with some factory anti-theft system?"

:P

2005 :eek: then just get him a new car :) with remote starter from the factory :D. Hey,couldn't hurt to try, us 'good guys' gotta stick together too, ya know :biggthump............

Seriously though, most of the Installation places around here will sell you a Gift Certificate for the Alarm & Installation. Yes they may be more expensive than the ones you can get from the guy off the street, but whomever is doing the installation 'should' have the experience to know a good system & stand behind it. Some vehicles are a real PIA, and not really worthwhile, Voids Warranty, etc,etc. Best to go to a 'reputable' installation shop and ask their experience on the particular vehicle. I'd recommend even checking with the Manufacturers Dealer so there are no 'surprises' down the road.

lookin through the glovey is a bit shady no? :P LOL

i know its a 2005... maybe i can just go off that?

Take pic of car.

Need:

What type of tranny.

Size of engine. ( might be on the outside of the car somewhere like 4.0, 5.0, 2.8 liter etc.

Go to reputable installer. From my buddy who puts there in Idaho most places won't stock them but he gets his from a distributor overnight. Sometimes same day if he calls in the morning.

Most parts type places out here have cut way back on stock and improved their distribution channels so they are more efficient.

Good luck. I would love a remote start on my car.

Seriously though, most of the Installation places around here will sell you a Gift Certificate for the Alarm & Installation. Yes they may be more expensive than the ones you can get from the guy off the street, but whomever is doing the installation 'should' have the experience to know a good system & stand behind it. Some vehicles are a real PIA, and not really worthwhile, Voids Warranty, etc,etc. Best to go to a 'reputable' installation shop and ask their experience on the particular vehicle. I'd recommend even checking with the Manufacturers Dealer so there are no 'surprises' down the road.

I think this is your best option. You can get a ball park figure by giving the guys at the install place the make, year, and size of engine and then get the gift cert. Maybe get a pic online and put in the card/box. Or get a part from a car, and really confused him.

I think this is your best option. You can get a ball park figure by giving the guys at the install place the make, year, and size of engine and then get the gift cert. Maybe get a pic online and put in the card/box. Or get a part from a car, and really confused him.

seems the best way without giving out info to him what he's getting...

part from a car would be pretty entertaining... ;) here, enjoy your car handle. hahah

Today I disappointed my father. I told him that I was leaving the family business. I did this once before in 2007 (and spent 2 1/2 years in London) but he convinced me to come back last year. However after 15 months back, I am certain in my own mind that it is not what I want to do and need to do something challenging and interesting to me. I've been negotiating a new job for about 4 months, but today was the day I had to finally break the news. A very tough conversation, but it's done. So it would seem, Singapore here we come.

Moral of the story: hard conversations with family who are going to come out disappointed are not fun.

Moral of the story: hard conversations with family who are going to come out disappointed are not fun.
Second that. Hard conversations with anyone who are going to come out dissapointed are not fun. Good for you for standing up for who you want to be! Super proud of you!

But YAY Singapore! Um....that's not anywhere near the mountains, even if it is a little closer to CO. You should talk to Fin, his sister used to own a restuarant there and lived there for years.

Um....that's not anywhere near the mountains

My job is going to be similar to what I was doing in Europe, except in Asia, so I'll be travelling a bit. And I have a good mate working in the Tokyo office and the likely need to go to Japan a bit for work. So mountains are a possibility still.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's all systems go for our move to the warm and humid climates of Singapore. Now the cat is out of the bag I'm really looking forward to making the move (but NOT looking forward to moving itself). Just means that I'll miss SES for another year.

Oh yeah, and this post just keeps the thread alive on page 1....;)

that is great news that you are doing what you want... and how exciting to live somewhere like that... too bad you & Ness won't be in Oz next yr since i think i may be making a trip! :) would have been fun to grab dinner one night or something. best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nope, not me. Not til April 21st - same day as the Queen.

Vanessa is April 20th - same day as Hitler!

Psychoanalyze that relationship!!!

Anyway.....so we finally made it to Singapore. And today moved into our permanent residence, which is awesome. Went to Ikea and spent a bucket load of cash that I don't have on things that apparently I do need. But otherwise things are just peachy.

Only one sore point................no SES for the second year in a row!:(:(:(

mine was yesterday... i know a LOT of people w jan bdays... guess parents were busy in april... spring fever and all...

anyone else?

Already happened but January is a big month for us. My wife ( oldest of three) born Jan 27, her little sis also Jan 27 and their younger brother ..........

yep you guessed it also Jan 27. But wait it gets better. My wifes mom is a twin. So my wifes aunt had her oldest daughter on......Jan 27.

This kind of freaked me out at first, but I got over it. She's worth it. I didn't want to marry into a numerology cult you know.

Dan congrats on the move. I lived S'pore for almost 4 years in high school and had a ball. Obviously missed winter, but did scuba off the coast of Malaysia and raced motoX. So many great places to eat. It blows away any other city I have been for food. So watch that waist line bud and hope it goes well.