Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

Then we can celebrate two things!!! LOOK OUT SUMMIT COUNTY!

Technically, since it's his half birthday week, you can celebrate 1 1/2 things... But don't let that stop you from having 2 celebrations worth of fun...

Ok, I'm a post whore...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonja, you think waaay too much. There are times when falling for someone completely unsuitable is just the craziest fun. You know it's not going to last five minutes, but at the time it's so worth it. Not every relationship has to have a point, some of them just are.

You need to do that more than once. Otherwise you may find out that what you thought you wanted wasn't actually what you wanted at all.

There are too many people out there with a life script. If more people did what their hearts told them, instead of what their head, family and peers told them, the world would be a much happier place.

I met my wife when I was sent to her office when their regular computer guy was sick. ( I showed up all hung over in jeans )

She thought I had a cute butt so she kept on breaking things to get me to come back until I got a clue and asked her out. Next thing you know we're happily married.

No thinking required.

i'm not entirely sure why you're making all these requirements up ... why not just relax and when you meet a nice, intelligent, funny man who makes you smile then it won't matter where he's from or what his background is.

Hear hear

In fact Aisling, you know what ??? You just answered your own original question!!! :biggthump:biggthump

I met my wife when I was sent to her office when their regular computer guy was sick. ( I showed up all hung over in jeans )

She thought I had a cute butt so she kept on breaking things to get me to come back until I got a clue and asked her out. Next thing you know we're happily married.

No thinking required.

that's one cute story. :)

LOL yeah it only took me HOW long??? hahaha

OK, one down. Anyone have any idea how many unanswered questions remain from this particular thread? Come on, we are on a roll here...

hope we can keep this trend up, i'd like the happily ever after deal please lol

Would you like fries with that???

In other news:

I have poison ivy, guess where.

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob, part of me is saying "no, don't ask it, just leave it be" while the other half is screaming....

"WTF!!! How? What were you doing? And most importantly, WHY???"

The other half won.

OK, one down. Anyone have any idea how many unanswered questions remain from this particular thread? Come on, we are on a roll here...

well, how about keeping things working? especially when you run into speed bumps like someone has a bit of emotional intimacy issues? hmmmm?? come on dr phil! :p LOL

Would you like fries with that???

yes! i love fries. and a vanilla coke please.

Why on bloody hell is this going for a long time -- 80 pages with thousands and thousands of view ??

Aisling, I hope you really got the answer to your original question? I geninuely hope youll find a nice man soon. :) you too, michelle. (btw, michelle, im gonna send you a PM)

what the HELL? Are you a guy? No? Spread out on a PIPE? wtf?

I certainly hope it was a warm pvc pipe vs. cold steel.

Or perhaps it was recreational water pipe....?

Happy Birthday, Bomber Babe!

Mine is coming up in a week and I hope we both continue to age as well as the finest of cheeses do.

Why on bloody hell is this going for a long time -- 80 pages with thousands and thousands of view ??

Aisling, I hope you really got the answer to your original question? I geninuely hope youll find a nice man soon. :) you too, michelle. (btw, michelle, im gonna send you a PM)

Lee, what don't hate. this is the BOL version of loveline. LOL

it's OT so whatever!

and i HAVE a nice man... just want him to stay that way. hahah

thanks!

well, how about keeping things working? especially when you run into speed bumps like someone has a bit of emotional intimacy issues? hmmmm?? come on dr phil! :p LOL

yes! i love fries. and a vanilla coke please.

Actually the fries and vanilla coke are some things to stay away from if you want to keep things running smoothly, because too much of them and you will blow out and become less attractive than the woman he originally met....

ONLY JOKING

(Please nobody flame me for that sarcastic and cynical suggestion.)

The key is to be more tollerant than you might otherwise be as a single person. You don't have to "change" but you do have to adapt to considering the feelings and opinions of another person other than yourself. Just knowing that there will be speedbumps along the way is a great start, which means that you will be more prepared for when they do occur. Thinking it is going to be all roses is setting yourself up for disappointment and setting your relationship up for failure from the start.

Three key words:

Tollerant

Considerate

Realistic

Did somebody say "Dr. Dan"???? :eek::confused:

Actually the fries and vanilla coke are some things to stay away from if you want to keep things running smoothly, because too much of them and you will blow out and become less attractive than the woman he originally met....

ONLY JOKING

(Please nobody flame me for that sarcastic and cynical suggestion.)

:flamethro hahah j/k dano... no worries, i am more worried about the way i look than anyone else is

which translates to not becoming a fatty LOL

The key is to be more tollerant than you might otherwise be as a single person. You don't have to "change" but you do have to adapt to considering the feelings and opinions of another person other than yourself. Just knowing that there will be speedbumps along the way is a great start, which means that you will be more prepared for when they do occur. Thinking it is going to be all roses is setting yourself up for disappointment and setting your relationship up for failure from the start.

Three key words:

Tollerant

Considerate

Realistic

Did somebody say "Dr. Dan"???? :eek::confused:

hmm well yeah, its a definite learning thing... especially when you are a bit set in your ways. hopefully the other person does some tolerant considerate reality checks themselves or it becomes one doing all the bending and the other just happily motorin along...

i did make a trip to fredericks today... :biggthump

Lee, what don't hate. this is the BOL version of loveline. LOL

it's OT so whatever!

and i HAVE a nice man... just want him to stay that way. hahah

thanks!

YAY! me happy now! :-D ok, sure, i dont see why not we continue this thread. im hoping to see it break the record. michelle and i converse about this thread in person and we both love this thread, tho i dont post much here. :)