Note to New Members ×

Snowboard Carving Philosophy

crackaddict

Captured why I ride perfectly. Everett Mckuwen did an impromptu interview of me on a chair at the luv a few years ago where I said, not quite as eloquently as you, something very similar. Thanks for that James

Mario

• Like 2

On 4/9/2023 at 11:23 AM, crackaddict said:

Apparently people like my videos this weekend...

Screenshot_20230409_082148_YT Studio.jpg

Oh no, the view counts are suddenly getting to him!!!  

It’s only a matter of time before your videos have hooky buzzword titles like “You WON’T BELIEVE Revelstoke’s UNREAL 360 SNOWBOARD CARVING”

I am admittedly contributing to this problem, good job good effort!   😃

• Haha 1

Agree 100%. Carving is so addictive. Same runs over and over and over. Impossible to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it. Most skiers and snowboarders skid - not carve. The sensation of skidding cannot compare to the sensation of carving. It's a binary thing - not progressive. On the edge or not. 

I talk to co-workers the day I get back to work. They ask if there was any new snow and about the weather. I usually reply that the snow and weather were "good enough". It doesn't have to be powder and blue skies. And it is quite dependable because of the groomers. 

10 hours ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

Oh no, the view counts are suddenly getting to him!!!  

Indeed they were...  I was getting pretty excited imagining how high the carved 360 video could go.  It seemed to have stopped quite suddenly at 74K views on Monday and I'm not sure I can get that many again - I only have one trick!

Despite all my new found fame I want you all to know that winning the day on ASB means so much more to me than all the adulation from the YouTube strangers.  Thanks friends!

I knew you all would appreciate the empty chairs, empty runs, and the perfect grooming on some of the widest steepest runs anywhere, but the reality is that it's not like that here very often anymore.  I had to wait all season to get these sections on video; it was a lot of cloud and fog, and a lot of very soft corduroy this winter, plus they don't groom the best sections very often and it's exceedingly rare to find them done three days in a row (my minimum standard to bring the camera out).  Having said that, the next few days should be exceptional carving!

It has been such a great winter, one of my best for sure...  (Is there any snow left in Colorado?  I'm dreaming of a road trip.  Will it stay cold in Tahoe or just be refrozen crud every morning?)

• Like 1