Note to New Members ×

Too narrow for FIS?

Deuxdiesel

Creative Playthings toys were a huge part of my childhood in the 60's.  I remember they were all wood or metal, simple and durable.  Thanks for sharing that eBay listing- funny stuff!  We also found three flexible flyer metal runner-type sleds.  Very cool, but I can't imagine using one unless there was an ice storm.  

My brother and I each got one of these for Christmas one winter. Our neighborhood was loaded with good sledding hills, and these were very challenging and a blast. Lifting your feet just enough to allow them to just skim the snow and help you balance a little. Leaning left and right to stay upright to try to figure out how to turn them a little. We had Snurfers too, when they came out. Spoiled kids with big smiles all winter long.

We grabbed the sides of the wide wooden seat and pulled up hard to try to keep the sled stuck to your rear end when you went over terrain or jumps. These things were a hoot.

• Like 1