Note to New Members ×

Milkland

softbootsurfer

we know when we don't see you that you are exercising years of knowledge and terrain that has been earned. Thank you for sharing your home break with us a few days a year. we do appreciate it! Hopefully see you for at least a few turns later this week.

• Like 1

Look forward to your visit Lance, glad we have had some snow and some more perhaps coming wed. thur. fri. ? please be aware there will be too many children on Milk on Saturday as usual...we will catch up with you and Katie and the others while you are here... 🙂

• Like 1

Da Buttah at Buttah...was 😋

Once you realize that the length and pitch of a run is not important, but rather the Feeling one gets from Carving on and in it... you can design Point Break type Waves or Skateboard street features that feature the Motion used in each and apply that to your Snow Stick  🙂                          Each of us comes to where we are, from where we have been 

First trackminvcor.JPG.9437c59e20ec84400a2eb50d68911b03.JPG

• Like 3

I assume they are trying to save the Snow for this weekend ( Presidents )

If you don't mind, please go by the Office ( Mountain Manager ) below the Restaurant and tell them your disgusted with the Lack Of Grooming, they did a lot better after I complained a couple weeks ago... Thanks Arne 

as you know it has just been less and less every year, with Tiehack being the worst case...

25 minutes ago, Chouinard said:

Bull Run?

Yes Pat, we took the twins to Snowmass with Rob, Oldski and Tony

Started at Big Burn, then Naked Lady, then Alpine Springs and finally over to Elk Camp, I do like the right side Rolly Polly on Elk Camp and that is where this guy was parked...It was OK because Rob, Oldski and Tony are impressive Snowboarders 🙂  they protected the Twins and the Old man...Last year a young skier flew blindly over one of the Bumps there and landed on my Snowboard hitting the back of my legs, taking me out , I had gone over there to be safe, after two skiers used me as a slalom pole coming down Coney Glade, one from each side, colliding into each other in front of me, forcing me to avoid their collision...

Today at Milkland a tad strange, it feels like March 13 rather than Feb. 13... some slick on WesB early, so Ridge trail in the sun till 11:30, then the Sundial on WesB till 1 was just crazy good, then the front till 2 or so...a good wave day!

the Milkman, Curly, JB, Rob, Oldski, Dios and others were laying Track, so it was fun watching  

31922.JPG.86c634a27f1e039b67e6c5e1982103b4.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

that is where this guy was parked.

I thought I recognized the background. He has a great camera to get action shots and I agree the terrain is fun to ride…Sandy Park was basically deserted.

Interesting contrast between heel side postures.

image.png.7897bd2cfdf40c7b217ef23e086bc592.png

13 hours ago, Chouinard said:

I thought I recognized the background. He has a great camera to get action shots and I agree the terrain is fun to ride…Sandy Park was basically deserted.

Interesting contrast between heel side postures.

image.png.7897bd2cfdf40c7b217ef23e086bc592.png

Going to take Valentines day off...  Carving pics are only a segment of the Whole Transition involved, knowing when to push the button is Key... this is the other shot he took earlier in that Transition...  🙂First.JPG.2a4893fdb1b71f9ab1369ba423443de3.JPG

• Like 2

up at 4:30 Rob and the Girls to Aspen for Flight, delayed, delayed, Flight to Nicaragua Delayed, but they just messaged they made it to Liberia in Costa Rica, now a 4 hour drive and Border crossing to Home in Nica... back up for a short session as the Old Man is feeling Old 🙂

a seismic event or two however...

siesmic.JPG.a1a1d443e534b9ba03ef4c244f46bfb8.JPG