Note to New Members ×

Boot sizing Mountain Slope .951

sheltonmaine

Hi folks,

I'm upgrading my boots this fall and am leaning towards the .951 MSWC.  At the shop I measure a perfect fit for a 26.5 but was wondering if the mountain slopes sizing runs true.  I'm currently in  UPZ RC10's which have what I'd consider a "performance" fit that gives me great control but I'm unbuckled on just about every ride back up the hill.  I did notice that the new UPZ size chart has my US foot size (9.5) in a 27.5 which seems huge when I'm standing in the measuring device at the board shop.  Any advice would be appreciated prior to pulling the trigger.  I wish I could try a few on but I'm limited to a online purchase.  

I'm guessing you'll fit nicely into the B shell, and you almost certainly do not want to size up to the C considering the step up in shell volume. The fit is rather low-volume.

I fit at the end of the C shell myself, and my toes still have a little extra space. For me, width was the problem, so I'm waiting on getting them punched out still. If you have a wide forefoot, you may want to toss the stock liners. I hated them, and wish I had just bought the shells.

The only thing that would might be cause for concern is if you have a high instep. I have no experience with such issues, but it's worth mentioning since the instep buckle really locks in your heel and doesn't seem to afford much extra shell volume.

No experience with UPZ. I own a pair of Deeluxe Track 700 boots, and that shell is much higher volume than the .951s at the same size.

• Like 2

My feet measure 28.4 and 28.0 and I am in the C shell.  I love them.  I am a the end of the C shell range so I have a low volume fit.  I need to have the shell punched a little for my big toe on my bigger foot.  The stock liners worked well for me, they provide different liners for different sizes within a shell size.  I got about 100 days out of them then I replaced with Intuition Plugs.  Disregard the street shoe size conversion, mondopoint is all that matters - it's simply the length of your foot in centimeters.

There are many many thoughts on these boots in our reviews section here:

https://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com/topic/48884-mountain-slope-951/

Mountain Slope size chart is here:

https://www.mountain-slope.com/shop/

Looks like you will have a similar fit as me in the B shell.

• Like 2

MS boots liners do not have the same volume as the UPZs.

If your feet aren't growing (I am guessing you are done there) and you are an actual 26.5 the MS team will suggest you go in the B shell. My son was an actual 27.5 in his UPZs, and he went in the C shell. 

Look at the chart, and be aware these are performance boots. My son ended up going to shurefoot and got injected molded liners as he has odd shaped feet, and this year he got a touchup, with shurefoot again (Amazing company as it cost nothing for the work this time) and he now can ride about 25 minutes full buckled and then one chair lift unbuckled and without pain. 

I don't know if this helped, but I will state, as fact, my son's times were noticeably faster when he switched over to these MS boots, so there is some voodoo with the "yellow boot club".

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jack M said:

My feet measure 28.4 and 28.0 and I am in the C shell.  I love them.  I am a the end of the C shell range so I have a low volume fit.  I need to have the shell punched a little for my big toe on my bigger foot.  The stock liners worked well for me, they provide different liners for different sizes within a shell size.  I got about 100 days out of them then I replaced with Intuition Plugs.  Disregard the street shoe size conversion, mondopoint is all that matters - it's simply the length of your foot in centimeters.

There are many many thoughts on these boots in our reviews section here:

https://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com/topic/48884-mountain-slope-951/

Mountain Slope size chart is here:

https://www.mountain-slope.com/shop/

Looks like you will have a similar fit as me in the B shell.

Jack are you in the WC model or ST?

9 hours ago, Jarcode said:

There's also the newer RD (Race Department) model. It's extremely stiff laterally, but forward/back flex is mostly determined by the spring.

Personally I don't have a need for anything stiffer than the WC, and it's not a great choice if you need to be able to go off the groomed path. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jack M said:

Personally I don't have a need for anything stiffer than the WC, and it's not a great choice if you need to be able to go off the groomed path. 

I didn't find it excessive, but I'm 195lbs and 6'3", and feel that F2 bindings restore enough lateral play to absorb bumps. I also found that the .951's yellow springs feel a little soft...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, b.free said:

Updated my WCs to RDs. Boots feel stiffer which gives me more of control, especially on icy slopes. Riding them with orange (stiffest ones) springs, since I also had issues with yellow ones, even broke one.

6.5 with 220lbs

Did you get those springs from Ivan? I might try them.

Edited by Jarcode