Note to New Members ×

Yet another plate… schwerdt plate

bobdea

1 hour ago, Mr.E said:

I've not seen one in person, but from the few photos I'm guessing it's a wood core/ carbon wrap with a fixed rear and "slider" (shear) at the front. I'd be interested in trying one.

Yeah, and where it’s not paper thin aluminum it might last a season or more…. 
this is a big part of my interest, I like the idea of using a material that can actually flex(aluminum really is a poor choice in that configuration) 

On 6/21/2022 at 1:10 PM, Mr.E said:

I've not seen one in person, but from the few photos I'm guessing it's a wood core/ carbon wrap with a fixed rear and "slider" (shear) at the front. I'd be interested in trying one.

Got a link?  All I can find is what Bob already posted.  Just from that picture it looks decidedly low-tech.  I'm not getting a carbon composite vibe... more like Azdel... it will probably perform similarly to a Vist-flex.  In other words, damp, comfy, but with little rebound and probably heavier than average.  Just a guess.

23 hours ago, Jack M said:

Got a link?  All I can find is what Bob already posted.  Just from that picture it looks decidedly low-tech.  I'm not getting a carbon composite vibe... more like Azdel... it will probably perform similarly to a Vist-flex.  In other words, damp, comfy, but with little rebound and probably heavier than average.  Just a guess.

No link. I saw some photos of R and his daughter (?) on them during the season. I think it's constructed like a board- pretty basic (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

• 1 month later...