Note to New Members ×

Meeting the snowboard legends and Molltaller trip

slapos

During chat with Benny he had a funny message to our local snowboarding community.

Not sure how it is in US, but in Poland everybody that starts snowboarding with instructor is set to duck stance by default - so we asked Benny about this and here is the recording of his message :

https://m.facebook.com/groups/334588920011091/permalink/2444217799048182/

i know Ryan would disagree (kudos to him) but imho duck killed carving effectively for majority of the snowboarding community.

Edited by slapos
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2022 at 2:38 PM, slapos said:

Benny was in town and we managed to meet and ride together. Not only Benny coached us for little while, we also had a great chat about life and snowboarding.

Nice!  i saw the video before it was posted here due to Google/youTube Algorithm.

Anything on life that can be shared?

• Like 1

@pow4ever

1. Benny says there is no carving possible with duck stance 😉 (see recording in the post above)

2. Virus world cup boards do not contain titanal - only new carbon weave

3. you should ride out of your hips rather then from your knees. On heelside this is natural, on toe not so much, but if you engage the hips the knees shall work automatically.

4. Keep moving during the carve - it doesnt have to be big movements, but be on the move all the time and keep pressure on the board.

Last point most important imho:

5. Everybody has got their own carving style. I.e. Benny cannot ride like i.e. Edwin Coratti, who is not so tall and often rides with both his hands on the ground. For taller guys like Benny (Fisch etc) straighter legs work little better : https://www.instagram.com/p/CbDyOiEM6GG/ - overall message was dont envy some else style - be yourself.

Citing Snoop Dogg - if you are you, who can be you but you ?

https://youtu.be/g0OdmRtuQew

Meeting Benny for our little crew was very inspirational. He is an absolute snowboarding rockstar with a ton of passion for the sport.

He FOUND time to meet with us - who are we to meet and ride with olympic champ.

Definitely one for the memories and picture on the wall.

Edited by slapos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, slapos said:

Last point most important imho:

5. Everybody has got their own carving style. I.e. Benny cannot ride like i.e. Edwin Coratti, who is not so tall and often rides with both his hands on the ground. For taller guys like Benny (Fisch etc) straighter legs work little better : https://www.instagram.com/p/CbDyOiEM6GG/ - overall message was dont envy some else style - be yourself.

Awesome!  Thank you for sharing!   

so much this "personalize style"
That's like something Fin told me.  It's amazing there is a convergence path where people at the top of their field can see a universal truth which transcend discipline (be it ski/snowboard/cooking/religion/science).

One thing i learned this season:  Be kind to you self. 

Love the saying on "being oneself".  remind me of scene in Kungfu Panda 🙂 
That's all we can be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slapos said:

1. Benny says there is no carving possible with duck stance 😉 (see recording in the post above

Looks at board set up mild duck then looks at instagram to double check he didnt dream having benny as follower and then feels confused 🤔🤣.

Looks like you had a trip i could only ever dream of 😄