Note to New Members ×

Plate innovations

Jack M

8 hours ago, slapos said:

I cannot fathom how this can possibly be of any benefit.  Looks like all it will do is create two large flat sections in your board, and a kink in the middle.  Seems like you would need a special board made to work with this setup.  But I am not knowing.

5 hours ago, slapos said:

Alpine and freestyle

Who on earth wants to use a plate(s) for freestyle?

On 2/23/2022 at 5:16 PM, lowrider said:

They are almost there. The sweet thing happens when they articulate in the middle. 

Like this?

17 minutes ago, Jack M said:

Who on earth wants to use a plate(s) for freestyle?

i used google translate to translate from Korean - seems that maybe something was lost in translation and it meant to be softboot boards.

Pro+, Solid and Prime that are mentioned are SBX/Carve boards

https://www.apex-snowboards.com/products-2020/

19 minutes ago, Jack M said:

I cannot fathom how this can possibly be of any benefit.  Looks like all it will do is create two large flat sections in your board, and a kink in the middle.  Seems like you would need a special board made to work with this setup.  But I am not knowing.

No idea - further info needed on how this works and what are the true benefits both alpine and softboot.

A 2 plate AllFlex system only makes sense if attached to a board with the AllFlex mounting inserts. Then the result is free flex under the bindings, free torsion in the midsection, and lots of extra weight. There shouldn't be any significant constraint of the board flex, unlike the full length plates with their central connection arms.

If you want that......🤔