Note to New Members Γ—

The Dark Side

WinterGold

There is certainly no concern about your visibility. 🀣

Great laid back riding session. I’ve never done a ton of night riding but when I have the trails were always pretty choppy from a days’ worth of use. Looked like you had decent conditions so that’s great.Β 

What camera? And did you need postproduction? I’ve got a relatively recent GoPro but I haven’t found low-light action movies to be nearly as nice as yours. Beauty.Β 

• Like 1

@daveoI talked to a pro … it is very difficult … no real solution for amateurs … just try different cameras or settings … πŸ₯΄

@ShortcutToMonctonIt is real time material, no after effects πŸ€“ But I liked it as well πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ˜‡

@johnasmoit would help a little, but I thought that I would use slo mo, so I shot with 120FPS and then did not use it πŸ€ͺ

1 hour ago, WinterGold said:

no real solution for amateurs

Hm, I remember when we filmed some stuff for my mate's gym, we just set the recording frame rate to be a multiple of the electricity frequency in my country which is 50hz and it fixed it. Not sure if that will work for you or not though.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, daveo said:

Hm, I remember when we filmed some stuff for my mate's gym, we just set the recording frame rate to be a multiple of the electricity frequency in my country which is 50hz and it fixed it. Not sure if that will work for you or not though.

Great idea! πŸ’ͺ🏼
Might work!

But the pro said that it depends on the used lights as well … I really donβ€˜t know … I am just a snowboarder πŸ€“πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

Yep, when you film in 50Hz countries like Europe, you should select PAL that allows you select 50/100 etc frame rates, and if in 60Hz ones like US then select NTSC that allows you select 60/120 etc. Then you dont have any issues with artifical lights. If you shoot on sun only then it does not matter.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pokkis said:

Yep, when you film in 50Hz countries like Europe, you should select PAL that allows you select 50/100 etc frame rates, and if in 60Hz ones like US then select NTSC that allows you select 60/120 etc. Then you dont have any issues with artifical lights. If you shoot on sun only then it does not matter.

Thanks for the info!

These settings are pretty well hidden in my GoPro πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‡ But they are there! πŸ’ͺ🏼