Note to New Members ×

TD3 second board kit confusion

gawdzira

I purchased a second board kit for my TD3's. I was installing last night and due to the position of my toe and heel pieces ended up nearly breaking down the entire binding anyways. What is the rationale behind the second board kit? Is it to spare the wear and tear on the board inserts?

If your feet/boots are large enough, you don’t need to take apart the heel and toe attachments. You can just remove the three large bolts and change the bindings over. I have size 8 1/2 feet and that has never worked for me because at least one of the bolts is always covered up by either my heel or my toe pieces. If your feet are small, just buy a second pair of bindings 

Yeah, I'm with you. It got worse with the SideWinders, and miserable with UPZ boots. One of the 4x4 bolts is even blocked unless I take off the heel block on my front binding. 

Most of my boards are either 20 or 22 cm wide, so I just take a binding off a similar-width board to swap. 

If you have M30 Deeluxe boots with non-sidewinder bindings the 2nd board kits make perfect sense. 

I asked Fin about making Sidewinder blocks with the lugs offset the other way for UPZ riders - he suggested I had chosen the wrong boots. 😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, drschwartz said:

because at least one of the bolts is always covered up by either my heel or my toe pieces.

Yep....ditto!  I just sucked it up and bought another  complete setup...........much easier and great to have a spare...for parts!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...