Note to New Members ×

Breck. Lonely, Lonely Breck.

MNSurfer

Of course there are better places to get your carve on, but it feels as if there should be at least one other person, 'booting at Breck. Right? 14-days on the season, thus far, and not a single spotting, be it in-motion, or in a ski/board rack.

Am I just missing others? I am on first tracks, which a guy would assume other Apliners would be, as well. Yes, Loveland and Basin have a following, even Copper (haven't seen another booter there, this season, either), so is it to be assumed there is Zero overflow?

Last year, I saw just one guy from NY (can't remember name, but on 'vintage' gear), which we ironically bumped into each other on two separate trips. And both times at Peak 6. Kind of weird.

Out of 95 days this season, only two have been in Breckenridge; and I live in Breckenridge.

Most of my days are at Copper/Abasin; and I never wake up early these days. A number of other riders are riding Copper on Tuesdays/Wednesdays; early, but probably not first chair.

You probably ride Breckenridge since you may have close access to the connecting gondola; I remember you, when Yamifumi brougnt you a board years ago.

Edited by Odd Job

We ride mostly Copper on weekends. Sundays almost 100%. Out of 44 days 20 are at Copper.  However we are mainly on blacks under the Super Bee lift.

Even out of my all 9 years in CO, Breck is the less favorable ski area of all. Keystone on the other hand, is one of the best carving spots in the Summit county. You have picked the wrong mountain for HB. 

Edited by b.free
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Breck Ale House for Pizza. Miles ahead of Northside.

I'm a stop away from Lift 9. I just can't do it. Almost everywhere in Breck is too flat, even on softboots.

You flexing your wallet and giving Rootstalk your business? Regular with a secret membership card?

Don't go to Radicato. It's essentially wallet rape compared to Rootstalk.

• 11 months later...

I get it. It’s kinda flat, grooming is not that good and it’s overcrowded with retired Texans wearing WAY too much makeup. But why do I still have to prove it to myself and go JUST to be reminded WHY I don’t go?  Are there any class action suits to get my $17 bucks back for parking? Stoner dude from Florida agreed with me on the lift, btw. I think it may have been Huey Lewis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huey?! Was it the mustache? We were in one of the better-known smoke shacks the other day, and every 20-30 year old in there had an ironic mustache going. Some really, really awful ones' too. It's getting kind of old. Maybe it's how the 'kids' differentiate themselves from us old farts. Vs several years ago, when everyone had a beard (which is practical, given the season/location).

And don't get me started on the fn KC Chiefs jersey wearing Jerry's. The. Worst.

It's a circus, for sure. And the town (Vail?) just wants more, without expanding terrain (Federal land, I get it, but still), or improving facilities. It's batshit. Well, that's why you only ski/ride weekdays.