Note to New Members ×

CAPITA out of business/ Ledecka on F2

slapos

Unfortunately what Daveo says seem true.

At least this is what I have heard from one of the Czech junior racers - she changed the board due to issues with SG.

Seems she isn't the only one - Stefan rings a bell ?

Edited by slapos

2 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

I wonder if capita/mothership/sg is using one of the newer eco epoxy's? My experience with mervin boards and there eco epoxy is that its pretty shit and leads to more than a few delams

Yep. SG stated that they are using that "eco" epoxy. I experienced also severe issues with their base material. Not holding any wax, drying out at the edge within a few runs and severe abrasion starting as a result. Unfortunately they were not very helpful solving that thing. So I decided to step away from SG. 

I've been suprised to see quite some WC boys & girls changing from SG to F2. Usually riders stick to their longterm partners unless they are "forced" to move. There might be something going on...

3 hours ago, wulf said:

I experienced also severe issues with their base material. Not holding any wax, drying out at the edge within a few runs and severe abrasion starting as a result. Unfortunately they were not very helpful solving that thing. So I decided to step away from SG. 

I guess i never experienced this as i dont wax my boards as i use a long life coating instead 🙂

30 minutes ago, scottishsurfer said:

I'm friends with the guy that owns and runs Snocoat so its on all my boards I havent used wax in years😅

I've just checked that product & the applications videos. Can't believe that this will last for "months" on an alpine board on man-made snow. If it would I'd buy that immediately...🤠

48 minutes ago, st_lupo said:

Regardless, I'm fine with eco-friendly whatever, but it needs to deliver performance on par with conventional state-of-the-art materials, otherwise it is just so much added junk in the landfill and that isn't eco-cool.

I think the manufacturers see it as a win win they can claim to be green and sell more snowboards to replace the ones that fall to bits quicker than they should. My local small shop if i remember correctly stopped selling capita boards as they were having so many issues with the die cut bases coming apart, in addition to orders turning up late or not be completed until late into the season.

Edited by scottishsurfer

• 2 weeks later...

Found this Article:
https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/ostatni-zimni-sporty-snowboarding/406565/ledecka-po-roce-na-novem-prkne-kouc-rikal-ze-pro-juniory-jsem-babicka.html

Ledecká goes into battle with a new brand of board. For a long time she has been riding the SG brand of snowboard guru Siegfried Grabner. But before the Olympic season, she decided to ride with products from F2, a company with a 40-year tradition that was once behind the development of windsurfing.

And she won with SG and now with F2.