Note to New Members ×

Beginner/ Intermediate Carver - Board Upgrade - Advice sought

Charlie2021

2 hours ago, Jack M said:

He said European size 45, which is mondopoint 29.5.  Based on that and the picture of his existing binding setup, the 22cm waist on the Vantage will be most welcome.  I have mondopoint 28 boots and I like a 21cm waist.

missed size 45

in this case, yes, wider board

• Like 1

@Charlie2021,  As you are already having fun with your Rossi, you could of course keep on with it focusing may be a bit more on alpine technique to improve your technique .

The board size seems ok for you as you consider yourself/are an intermediate alpine rider.

Totally true that a modern board will change your riding perspectives....so much joyful......but not absolutly necessary if money ( and time on the slopes) is a concern.....

If new board....

Board size : 162-168

Width : 20-21 cm due to your boot size

SCR : around 9-11

Board flex : soft to medium

Board construction : rubber dampening.   Combined with Titanal would be Holy Grail but very expensive.

Last point, you're from Barcelona.

Not a lot of Hardbooters around there...

I don't know where you usually ride, but I've been a snowboard instructor for 25 years at Grandvalira-Pas de la Casa Resort. A lot of people from Barcelona ski there....so if you're around.....we could share some technical knowledge through a few runs, lessons, whatever......just ask for Rodolphe at Pas de la Casa ski school.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 7:31 PM, RoroSnow said:

@Charlie2021,  As you are already having fun with your Rossi, you could of course keep on with it focusing may be a bit more on alpine technique to improve your technique .

The board size seems ok for you as you consider yourself/are an intermediate alpine rider.

Totally true that a modern board will change your riding perspectives....so much joyful......but not absolutly necessary if money ( and time on the slopes) is a concern.....

If new board....

Board size : 162-168

Width : 20-21 cm due to your boot size

SCR : around 9-11

Board flex : soft to medium

Board construction : rubber dampening.   Combined with Titanal would be Holy Grail but very expensive.

Last point, you're from Barcelona.

Not a lot of Hardbooters around there...

I don't know where you usually ride, but I've been a snowboard instructor for 25 years at Grandvalira-Pas de la Casa Resort. A lot of people from Barcelona ski there....so if you're around.....we could share some technical knowledge through a few runs, lessons, whatever......just ask for Rodolphe at Pas de la Casa ski school.

Moltes gràcies Rodolphe! I have spent a week in Pas de la Casa before, and it was really wonderful. I guess time on the slopes in a big issue. Although from where I live to the resorts is 2-4 hours drive, the reality is that it is difficult to get to the mountains for more than 3 or 4 weekends per season. The advice to practice more is a good one. If I come to Pas de la Casa again, I will look for you. My daughter who is 5, will try skiing/boarding this year for the first time. Perhaps we can go to your school. Fins ara!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, Eboot said:

Some great deals here for new boards:

Definitely would recommend reaching out to Ivan from I-carve- he is the man! Phenomenal customer service, extremely knowledgeable and sells just about all the top brands we as carvers would ever want!