Note to New Members ×

Fraud attempt ?

snowcat_az

Today I've got contacted over PM by just-registered, 0-post, empty profile user Kinsje in respect my old "In Search Of" posting. He referred to another alleged forum member davi754 who supposedly has the part I need, and provided his phone number. I've contacted the latter person, and he wanted $150 for preowned $30-part. But then I did member search over all possible combinations of "davi754" and couldn't find anybody.

Thinking about it all, such combination of factors is rather impossible in normal situation.
So my understanding at this point is this:
- someone is scanning through random forums looking for "ISO" postings;
- registers, sends PM referring to another fake forum user to build trust, gives his own cell phone;
- negotiates fake deal (not even knowing right price point as we see), receives money, disappears with no trace.

As a side note, some other forums I'm part of, require new user to have certain amount of postings and the profile filled to certain minimum with validated email before he can send PMs (although still not a guarantee against fraud).

Be aware everyone !

Edited by sonwcat

I got a similar note a couple of days ago that read:

"Kinsje  0

Started conversation: 9 hours ago

I purchased some items from davi754 some days ago and Burton cant puck 4x4 is among the items he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should text him to know if it is still available.. Here's his number 6085617362"

Definitely fishy now that I hear that you per contacted also.

Moderators please investigate and ban if necessary.

Edited by rjnakata

OK... Same:

Donek F plate

2 members active in this conversation (including you)

TVR
Read: Just now

Kinsje 
Read: 19 hours ago

Started conversation: 19 hours ago

I think i saw someone called greg33 posted a Donek F plate for sale. You can text him.. Here is His number is 6085617362

Same number...  and when texted, he had a pic of what I wanted and am in / was in process of negotiating a sale...

Edited by TVR

I also received an identical post from Kinsje but  regarding my WTB post for TD3 SW SI's -

I purchased some items from davi754 some days ago and TD3 SW SI's is among the items he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should text him to know if it is still available.. Here's his number 6085617362"

I texted the guy back and he sent me a price of $380 and photo of a set of TD3 SW SI's but one was the red plate and the other was black....

From the angle you couldn't see the rubber e-ring  so I questioned what e-ring and cant disks they come with and his response was that he was clueless as to what I was talking about and his reason for the mix matched pair was that he had bought 1 for his son and 1 for himself. ??

So when I mentioned they come as a set he got snippy with me and asked what price I would be willing to pay.........today.

I didn't even reply-