Note to New Members ×

dumping at Meadows

Dan

Originally posted by Dan

Hey, here's all that late spring snow those Pollyannas at Meadows kept talking about: <a href="http://www.nwac.us/~nwac/products/OSOMHM">13 inches overnight!</a>

Bachelor got 28". D-Sub, you *better* be riding today!

I was at Meadows yesterday, 7" new but blowing steadily, so freshies every run if you knew where the wind was loading it. If there was any way, any how I wouldn't lose my job I'd just call in with the Powder Flu this entire week.

Originally posted by D-Sub

what a trip today. unfortunately visibility was pretty crap at times, and the snow was SLOOOW

but...MAN. lots of it. maybe summit will open tomorrow. northwest too perhaps

I spent the entire day wishing I was riding Bachelor on my 4807. Gonna play hooky and ride tomorrow at Meadows though!

I'm very envious of you all. I need to play "good employee" for a few more days until I can cut loose. Have I mentioned I need to quit this job thing? Its kinda a pain in my neck. Oh, well? The benefits are good. But days like this are very aggrevating.

I'm so happy we are getting a some snow.

G!@$%#%^ng it, I was just in p-town for the weekend. Now I gotta play good family man to Ed's good employee. They are talking about opening a few runs up here too but I dont know if I can jam it in. Glad to hear somebody in the NW gets to ride!

Coverage is awsome. I'm sure it'll melt and compress down, but right now, everything on the lower mountain is ridible.

Randy: nice to meet you and share some runs.

Mike/Bonnie: guess we were just outta sink with eachother today :D

The rest of you: it was crazy crowded today (for a weekday), people parked down the access road and all. Saterday is gonna be nuts. Check ze forecast, tomorrow might be a rain out. Friday is lookin' good though, to bad I can't play hookey twice in one week :D

Originally posted by P06781

Did cascade open today ? Just wondering , hope it doesnt rain tomorrow ....

No Cascade... Vista opened at about 1:15.

Got to ride my 4807 for the first time. That thing has gotta be the easiest-riding board I have ever been on. Rode it with softies today, next time I'll use plates, and I have a feeling I'm gonna like it even better withthe plates.

Took me a while to get used to how SOFT it is, especially torsionallyt - felt like I was folding it down the middle at times when I got it on some groom. REALLY easy to carve on it in soft groom, even in softies though!

Originally posted by slopetool

Hi Guys - I'll be up at Meadows on Fri. and Bachelor on Sun. thru Tues. Yippee!! I've been a stellar employee for two weeks.

I deserve a break. lol! I'll see you bros up there!

Ed

Ed - hopefully we can hook up on Sunday.