Note to New Members ×

WTF 2021 Jan 15-30

snowreport: sun apr 11, 2021
howdy all

day 81 for me and the last day of the 20/21 winter season. woke up to blue skies and thought it

was going to be a nice warm spring day. had my light spring gear on and on my first chair ride up

a little cloud builds above the big and soon it is all overcast and grey then starts to snow and gets

a little chilly. went an hour later and went straight to the backside and it was good groomers from

yesterdays snow and the new falling snow made it even better. I was getting cold about noon and

went in the summit house for a little while to warm up. cruised around the backside and found some

fun terrain. chair 7 was not busy early and made a bunch back there then did a couple on chair 11.

chair 5 wasn't too busy so did a bunch of runs on moe mentum  and a couple down moose. did

t-bar2, but could not hang on cause my board was not tracking good and it was a bit sticky so

failed and bailed early. made some really good turns and the snow was really good for the last

day. the crowds got busy from noon and they kept coming all day and it was getting crazy, but

I managed to stay in a happy bubble. oh yeah another fail, on chair 5 a couple in front went for

a chair and I followed them too soon and had to squeeze between them, my bad, I spaced out,

they were cool about it. did a couple on chair 2 at the end of my day as the sun came out and

the snow was getting soft on the frontside. today was a really fun day and now I am sad the

season is over. my vertical was not posted all season, but I think it was about a million. I am

glad it wasn't cause this year wasn't the best snow condition and the crowds was too much.

I am also glad I did not get injured... over all it was a pretty good season...

rode the 157fp from 10 till 3:30...

• Like 1

snowreport: sun apr 11, 2021
howdy all

adding the big's last day snowreport:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summit (6,817 ft./2,078 m)

Overnight Snow: 1"/3cm
Settled Base: 94"/239cm
Total to Date: 231"/587cm
6am Temp: 15°F/-9°C

24hr Snow: 1"/3cm
7 Day Snow: 6"/16cm
Current Conditions: Partly Sunny
Visibility/Wind: Good/NE at 7mph

Terrain Status

Open Runs: 88
Terrain Parks: 4
Night Skiing: Done for the season

Lower Mountain (4,464 ft./1,361 m)

24hr Snow: 0"/0cm
Village Settled: 21"/54cm
Total to Date: 87"/221cm
6am Temp: 20°F/-7°C

7 Day Snow: 0"/0cm
Current Conditions: Partly Sunny
Visibility/Wind: Good/2mph

Deep thoughts by Pat*:

10:10 AM Update:

Periodic clouds are beginning to shroud the five true peaks of whitefish. Consistent cold and a little layer of new snow is making the skiing good! Dress warm, it is 18 degrees at the Summit, be goofy, and have fun. On behalf of my distinguished counter part Rhyan and I, it was a true treat to snow report. Au revoir amigos!

6:00 AM Report:

Good morning Skiers and Snowboarders! Today is April 11th, Closing Day. It is the final day to Carpe Ski'em. So poke that bear and scratch that itch, grab your gear and come Shred the 'Fish!

There is fresh snow on the ground, the mountain air is cold. There is an inch of fresh snow at The Summit, or more, I am told. There is a faint North breeze, about 5 mph rustling the trees. We are expecting partly sunny skies, a chance of afternoon snow showers, and a high temp near 30 degrees. Yesterday's snow was light. Watch for wind transported pockets of powder up high and wind scour. Underneath, there is a firm layer of hard pack mountain wide, ski with caution. For consistent smooth terrain, stick to machine groomed classics mountain wide. Ski 'em today, and dream about 'em for the next eight months. 

Thank you to our dedicated passholders for all of your love of Skiing and Snowboarding. We hear your hoots, we see you crushing chutes. We know you skied hard this season, so for one last time, buckle your boots! Thank you to all employees. Your elbow grease makes this little ski factory Hum. And a special thank you to Dave White. Dave is retiring after 45 years working in building maintenance, creating all signage, fireworks, and so much more. You are a craftsman, family man, and a true Ski Man! We love you Dave White!

The end of the season is so hard to let go. Ski and be merry, enjoy the spring snow. Ski while you have the chance, for today is closing day, the very last dance!

Today's Notes:

Spring conditions exist. Ski conservatively and be aware of grooming irregularities as well as spots of low snow coverage.

Do Not Ski Closed Terrain.Respect the ropes and closed sign discs, as terrain may close throughout the day. 

Last ride up the epic Chair 1 is probably around 3:45 or so. We ask that everyone is safe, respectful, and kindly skis off the mountain around 4 today.

• 2 months later...

heat report: wed jun 30, 2021
howdy all

wow! it is hot! … Tuesday June 29 it got up to 101 degrees with clear blue sunny skies … it's a dry heat ...

and today near 100 degrees … forecast is slowly getting cooler … laying low and staying cool ...

so checked my vertical account and it said I rode 1,239,220 feet and checking against others my rank is 66 ...

here is a photo from WTF2019 … I did not ride the SG at all this past season ...

spacer.png

• Like 1