Note to New Members ×

Team 8 164 slalom (modeled after Kessler 162)

Mthib17

Up for sale is a Team 8 slalom board. *Not a winterstick, just some stickers* Team 8 was a company that made custom hand built boards in Maine. It is modeled after a 162 Kessler Slasom board for reference. 

I picked up this board last season to learn to carve, and it served me very well. It would be great for someone trying to do the same, or a young racer. Only selling because I have since upgraded to a longer side cut. 

It’s a 164, with a 21 waist, and a 10 side cut. I weigh about 165 and I would say it was a good flex, with a bit more left. Edge life is pictured, and the base is in decent shape. I pictured one larger blemish which is not to the core. The base is currently in storage wax, but could use a stone grind. I can peel off the wax if someone wants to see the rest. I will include the board case with sale, but no bindings.

Asking $200 firm  with buyer paying shipping. Local pickup in Portland Maine gets priority. Feel free to message with questions. 

9E11DD3C-CA93-4A34-A15A-171AD8D778E8.jpeg

EAE34796-35B8-4381-A716-8FBF471BA29E.jpeg

01568181-5F1A-4441-906A-E502537E3440.jpeg

Edited by Mthib17
Photos

Hey, Kessler replica by what manufacturer? 

Was it made for your weight, or you've got it used? 

Has the nose been folded, or base delaminated? There seem to be a line going across just behind that hit and some glue on/by the edge? 

It was made by Team 8. This was a company based in Maine which was affiliated with Seth Wescott. They are no longer in business. I got it used from someone else, but I know who it was built for. Base and nose don’t have any major delamination. I think your last question might be referring to the storage wax? Either that, or I misunderstood what you were referring to. I can take more pictures when I’m home Monday.  

Matt, to help sell the board it may be helpful to mention more info on construction of the board. 

For example, fiberglass vs Titanal? Does it have a decambered nose and tail? Was there an attempt to replicate Kesslers clothtod radius tech?

For the price this could be a great board for a beginner. 

• 2 months later...

howdy Mthib17

I would offer 100 bucks shipped cause that is what I would offer for an old factory prime, because at least I would

know what I was getting. I have no idea about the board maker and what materials went into this board. it is like

buying a Chinese knockoff with no understanding of what it takes to make a board ride good. I am sure it is a nice

board and rides o.k. ... Kessler Replica seems misleading... that said I would offer 100 bucks shipped...

I will respectfully decline your offer. The Kessler replica comment was not intended to be disingenuous. The company Team 8 was directly owned and affiliated with Seth Wescott at the time. The user Termin8or on Alpinesnoboarder is the original owner. He may be able to field specific questions regarding build. Specifications are listed above in the original post.

On 8/28/2020 at 4:05 PM, Mthib17 said:

I will respectfully decline your offer. The Kessler replica comment was not intended to be disingenuous. The company Team 8 was directly owned and affiliated with Seth Wescott at the time. The user Termin8or on Alpinesnoboarder is the original owner. He may be able to field specific questions regarding build. Specifications are listed above in the original post.

you are so polite. i wish i were more like you.

teameight boards were handmade in Maine, if i recall correctly. each board was bespoke.

Edited by davekempmeister
Correction of predictive text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Mthib17 changed the title to Team 8 164 slalom (modeled after Kessler 162)
  • 2 months later...