Note to New Members ×

Volkl RT GS 183

bibo

I've heard it here that the 183's were race team stock and stiffer than the 173/178's that were available to the general public. Good find if you are a heavier/more agressive rider. Graphics date it as '02/'03 season product. Please send it my way, it matches my 173!

Just got one and rode it for the first time last weekend at Mammoth. The 183 is race stock and was not available for sale unless one was part of the Volkl race program, so they say.

If you have ever ridden the Volkl 178 Renn Tiger, the 183 is more damp and much more stable at speed. It was easy to make tight radius turns and big old 14 meter arcs (not sure if this is the radius---it felt like it) at mach speeds.

Lots of edge holding power= lots of confidence and lots of fun. I want to find another one as backup, since the one I bought has thin edges and is well used.

Hi guys,

tnx on the reply, now I know why I can`t find any info on the board this size. Even on the sticker from the board says that 178 is the biggest!

Here are the specs:

lenght 178, contact lenght 1595, nose 243, waist 190, tail 238, nose lenght 140, tail length 40, nose radius 263,

compare sidecut 12500, medium stance 490, set back 20, insert 12

The board is brand new. I bought it in a store for 320$, but it also had a new CONSHOX plate. I bought the board for my 190cm tall son.

Tnx again,

bibo

Originally posted by bibo

Here are the specs:

lenght 178, contactlenght 1595, nose 243, waist190, tail 238, nose lenght 140, tail lenght 40, nose radius 263,

compare sidecut 12500, medium stance 490, set back 20, insert 12

Umm, those are the specs for the 178. You have the 183, right?

Bibo,

Did you leave the Conshox on it? I'd like to see a picture of that bad boy with the Conshox on it.....(daydream sequence) All that carbon fiber against the black topsheet of the legendary Volkl Renntiger wrapped in titanal...:eek: anybody got a cigarette?

Paul

p.s. I'm serious about the picture :)

Hello again

Please excuse myself I missunderstood u up there.

I wrote the specs from the paper i got with the board. THe biggest there is 178 so i wrote her specs. Got confused up there :)

You wanted the picture. You got it:D

I took the conshox away from the board and put it on my F2 board. It looks better there.

post-1788-141842203056_thumb.jpg

It made a big difference on my F2. I was really hoping to see the conshox on the Renntiger though. Guess I'll have to peel mine off the F2 and put it on my new 168RT GS to see how it looks. That F2 should be ultra stiff now with the addition of the conshox, it was my understanding that the new F2's had a "built in" one now. Let us know how it rides....

Thanks,

Paul

• 8 months later...
I know this should go in the classifieds, but I've got one for sale in the shop.

I saw the one you have before Byran traded it away. Its in perfert condition and has the 03-04 graphics and it very sweet looking. We compared it to my 178 of the same year and its core is about twice as thick. However it wasnt quite stiff enough for Byran :confused: . I should have bought before he sent it on in his never ending snowboard dealing.

Jim

I need the money. So gentleman's buy back for the Donek and the Hot, however I'm not letting that sweet cat out of my site (get it, OK bad joke). I posted it at the right price to keep it in the shop. The only way it's leaving is if someone realizes how much it's really worth, then I know they'll treat her like I treat my 240Z.