Note to New Members ×

Paid $50 Auto Renew For 2018/19 Epic Pass - But Need Out Of It Now!

barryj

Anybody been in this situation?    I paid the $50 deposit before I found out my work out West was done...........On East coast now in Northern NH,  so really don't see myself traveling.... to even Vermont to get the use out of this pass.

They have tried to finalize the $800 payment but I purposely kept that cc account almost empty to avoid this.  

What's the possible fallout?     Does anybody know if  Vail Resorts would send it to collections over $800??       

Hi Barry.  I have the pass and I take the insurance that is offered.  I have no experience making any claims but I do know that bullet point #7 regarding job related relocation looks like the closest thing that might apply to you, provided your pass is insured.

I am NOT a lawyer but I think that normally one is better positioned if they are attempting to recover monies paid than if they are attempting to absolve a debt that is contractually owed and past due.

I hope it works out for you.  Good season to you.  

Edited by davekempmeister

Thanks for the replies guys.   No I didn't take the pass Ins. when I made the early season deposit last May.....  

Very hesitant to call Vail Resorts when I read stories like this..... this guy has a life threatening excuse and they still expect him  to pay!     I just have a geographical and financial excuse!   

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/contact7/cancer-patient-too-sick-to-ski-still-must-pay-season-pass-bill-vail-resorts-says

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2018/07/31/vail-resorts-wont-stop-charge-on-cancer-patients-899-epic-pass-because-he-didnt-buy-pass-insurance/

Edited by barryj

From what I know of working with a US office, they'll totally send you to collections. It costs them nothing to do so, the collection company gets paid if and when they recover.

Sounds like the best choice you might have is to pay up, and then see if you can flog it to someone. Is it a direct to lift kind of deal? Because even with a  photo on it, when I use my season pass here, the lifties never check it - as long as it scans they don't care.

You could probably find a dirtbag willing to take the chance and pay you half price for it. It's better than nothing.

3 hours ago, pmorita said:

I would be surprised to hear that they could not work something out if you called.  Maybe a credit for a subsequent season or a partial refund?  

https://www.yelp.com/biz/epic-pass-vail

just a quick snapshot of vail resorts customer service, seems to be all about the Benjamin's and not much else. Sorry to say, you may be sol

mario