Note to New Members ×

Old snowboarding magazines

Neil Gendzwill

Hi, all.  We are moving and my wife has put the foot down on moving my collection of magazines again.  I have them up for sale on eBay.  There are a bunch of ISM, TwSnow and Snowboarder magazines there from the 80s and early 90s.  They are mostly in good condition: they have been stored upright in my basement for a long time, and so they are a little warped from kind of sagging down in that kind of storage mode.  There's also a bunch of old Thrashers there and in the coming days I will have some Skateboard World and maybe TwSkate if I think anybody would care about those.

Shipping will be at cost, whatever that is.

Hi Neil, I am really interested in buying some of those mags (I have a few TW Snowboarding issues from the very early 90s and am such a sad-sack and keep re-reading them, especially at the moment as I hang out for the snow to fall in Aspen!) I had a quick look on UPS to try and calculate shipping and it looks fairly pricey. I am in Snowmass (we met at SES a few times, I'm a Kiwi who ended up marrying a local here in Snowmass) - have you had any experience shipping mags like this to the US? I think buying the listing of 3 TWSB issues would cost around $20, does that sound about right? I don't want to bid and end up paying crazy money for mailing them out! ?

Hi, Adas.  I think the heaviest of those packages was around $CDN30 to ship to California, which is a quote I gave another ebay guy.  The smaller ones are around $CDN20.  That's for Canada Post/USPS expedited parcel, which is the cheapest option available to me.

If you buy several listings, I will bundle them together.  Also if you prefer UPS or Fedex, I can do that too.  I don't charge anything for shipping, other than a dollar or so  for packing materials.

• 2 months later...