Note to New Members ×

lost link "montucky-clear-cut-dates"

west carven

No IMO

...that should not be required !!

What should be required, is that it is posted, so as many CARVERS as possible can participate, what would be a reason to not have it?

There are Carvers who come here to learn and or watch,  yet never have signed up nor signed in...to have a Mountain dedicate its entire operation for 4 days to a bunch of freaks is Insane...let the word go forth, Loud and Clear!!!  :biggthump

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2018 at 8:10 PM, Jack Michaud said:

Very well then!  Done.  We've had some outsiders show up to the ECES before and take advantage of the deals without actually participating in the event.  It's unusual, but it can happen.

I'm sometimes slow at seeing the obvious but i found your comment quite interesting Jack. Isn't everyone at an ECES an outsider comparatively speaking.

13 hours ago, lowrider said:

I'm sometimes slow at seeing the obvious but i found your comment quite interesting Jack. Isn't everyone at an ECES an outsider comparatively speaking.

People who sign up and take advantage of the finite number of discounted tickets and accommodations, who then disappear and don't participate in any of the events or social gatherings, are what I would consider outsiders.  Especially if they don't even snowboard.  This has happened in the past.  An insignificant number of people do this, but to the people who put in all the hard work for many months to organize one of these events, it's not fair, and very frustrating.

32 minutes ago, west carven said:

howdy

but hey if we don't get 50 people it's not going to happen at all... by august... where are those "outsiders"... we need um...

Well sure, if you're trying to make numbers then the more the merrier.  But then you won't have a carvers-only mountain, if that matters.