Note to New Members ×

Sale withdrawn - packed for move.

Lurch

Flux 182 built for "the high end" of 180-220 lbs.11-13 VSR. Waist 26, nose 320, tail 308. E/Edge 158. Non-metal construction, but still plenty stiff. Top sheet 9.5/10. Base 8.5 (two nicks per photos). Never ground. PM me for more pix.

Got this beast off another member in as new condition. I've put 7 days on it, but it's too stiff for me in softies (at 215 lbs). I ran it on P/plates to help muscle it around. Think it would take 250 easy. 

$400 shipped lower 48.

Flux1.JPG

DSC_0071 (2).jpg

DSC_0072 (2).jpg

Edited by Lurch
Packed away
  • Like 1

Oh goodness Lurch. So tempting! My first thought was 'totally!' but I think I'll have to pass on the grounds of actually starting to narrow down the board quiver, which is what I was originally hoping to do. This is just a few of where I'm at right now... I want to eventually narrow down to the Proteus, one softie all-arounder (thinking 165-167 and 28-29 waist with a medium-ish flex), and the split. The powder hound was just the first to go (aside from that other Incline I let go a few weeks ago). 

My guess is the Nomad may be of a similar stiffness to this Flux... I wonder if we'd both still find them to be 'charger' boards. Anyway, if you're interested in buying without a trade let me know, otherwise there was another PM'er after your post - just keep me updated! 

IMG_2001.JPG

• Thanks 1

All good @moose, makes perfect sense. Seems a shame to break up that quiver, but we all got to pay the reaper at some stage. I will need to unload first before I go again, so no probs with you unloading the Nomad.  

For me on softies, I think the Flux would be much more manageable in a 170 (or with a softer flex at 182), and may well have been what I was looking for, although I read @Mathew + @piusthedrcarve review on the Flux and it sounds like some of the same traits are evident in this big boy, maybe on a larger scale.

Appreciate the reply.

Hey Kurt hope you are doin' OK. I picked this up hoping it might have enough displacement to handle some pow while still being a decent SB carver. Offered to trade for a Nomad, so I guess anything along those lines might be interesting. You got anything hiding behind all those tasty Oxess?

Yeah, I remember when that board was on here at first.

Unfortunately I am financially challenged in terms of snowboard acquisition at the moment (read bosslady says no). I do hope someone picks it up, not just because it's awesome but it would also remove the temptation! :D

@workshop7 I can only go on what svr told me and have no reason to doubt him, he's a stand up guy. It is very damp, but apparently due to extra rubber foil, not metal. It's torsionally very stiff, so much so that I wonder if Sean didn't use some of his 'secret' construction methods on it (my NFC is a little more lively & less damp, but it's 22 wide not 26).

Pretty sure @Sasquatch_Surfer has a non metal Flux too.

Guess you could Sean a call to get the lowdown.

DSC_0076 (2).jpg

Edited by Lurch
Added data plate image