Note to New Members ×

USASA Nationals questions

CourtneyM

Hey, I'm new here. 

I'm an adaptive snowboarder who finally started racing again. I qualified for nationals but I've never been. There are a few questions I have.

I'm kinda confused on the lodging situation tbh. I got out to Breck often and I usually just stay at Beaver Run Resort, so right at the base of Peak 9. How does it work at Copper? From what I've been looking at they all seem like condo rentals and I'm really just looking for a hotel room.

I plan on racing GS and Banked Slalom (if they have it). Is it going to be the same as home series races? Pay to race?

CourtneyM to try and answer your questions. Everything at the base of Copper is basically Condo's (studio, 1 bedroom, etc.) and pretty expensive. It also fills up very quickly. Also all lodging at the base of Copper is reserved through copper lodging. USASA does have discount codes, but they only reserve a set amount of rooms and it may not be exactly what you want. Last year I did not use the USASA code and ended up with a better room, exactly where I wanted it for the same price.

Like Inkaholic said for True motel lodging you need to look in Frisco or Silverthorne. You can get some really good priced rooms there when compared to Copper base. Its about a 20 minute drive to the mountain, then you need to find a place to park, some free areas( furthest away) I think, but most you have to pay for.

As for events, I seriously doubt there will be a banked slalom but I could be wrong, I have not paid close attention to it this year.

Regarding the pay as you go and is it like home series races, Once Invites are sent to Qualifiers (like 3 weeks before the event) you will be able to register and you have like 2 or 3 days to do it. IT is not cheap, its like $300 something dollars for one event and maybe $50 more for each additional event.

Format is similar to home series, slip and inspect, riders meeting, take you run on red course based on the start order of your group. After everyone goes through they slip and now take your run on the blue course. your are done. Awards at the base that afternoon.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexJ said:

CourtneyM to try and answer your questions. Everything at the base of Copper is basically Condo's (studio, 1 bedroom, etc.) and pretty expensive. It also fills up very quickly. Also all lodging at the base of Copper is reserved through copper lodging. USASA does have discount codes, but they only reserve a set amount of rooms and it may not be exactly what you want. Last year I did not use the USASA code and ended up with a better room, exactly where I wanted it for the same price.

Like Inkaholic said for True motel lodging you need to look in Frisco or Silverthorne. You can get some really good priced rooms there when compared to Copper base. Its about a 20 minute drive to the mountain, then you need to find a place to park, some free areas( furthest away) I think, but most you have to pay for.

As for events, I seriously doubt there will be a banked slalom but I could be wrong, I have not paid close attention to it this year.

Regarding the pay as you go and is it like home series races, Once Invites are sent to Qualifiers (like 3 weeks before the event) you will be able to register and you have like 2 or 3 days to do it. IT is not cheap, its like $300 something dollars for one event and maybe $50 more for each additional event.

Format is similar to home series, slip and inspect, riders meeting, take you run on red course based on the start order of your group. After everyone goes through they slip and now take your run on the blue course. your are done. Awards at the base that afternoon.

Hope that helps.

Perfect! Thanks!