Note to New Members ×

flex in bindings, TD Sidewinder, F2 Titanflex?

1xsculler

They weigh about the same, the F2's have the ability to give any amount of lift, and any amount of cant, and the way they are adjusted to the boot for tightness, can be extremely sloppy or very tight, ala old sloppy burton bindings, plus they are dampened by the front and rear pads, under the toe and heel.

The sidewinders sit on a poly pad that has three durmoeters, err, colors, the amount of cant and the amount of toe or heel lift is finite.

The bombers are bombproof.

I feel the F2 Carve RS are more comparable to the Sidewinders although not nearly as bombproof but weigh a lot less.  I'm a freak sizewise and this is my first season swapping back and forth between the Carve RS and the SWs... so far so good.  The F2 Titanflex really have very little sideways flex.

Note on the bombproof... I've broken a part of every binding I've owned including the bails on Bomber SWs.  

On 1/19/2018 at 2:36 AM, Corey said:

Points to the F2: You can buy them today. 

Also if you throw away the riser/ padding parts, you have a standard Ti race binding without the toe adjuster. Well that's how they were built when I used them. So you have two options in one there.