Note to New Members ×

TD3 Slop

Gremlin

I bought some TD3 sidewinders last season and have been reasonably pleased with them. One huge problem I've had however is the bushings compressing and not rebounding till they're warm again. This leaves a large zone in the middle of the travel where the toe and heel pieces simply flop back and forth.

I'd like to try some blue bushings, as I'm slightly above the recommended limit for the yellows. This would likely mask my problem as opposed to actually solving it though. I'm dubious that the harder urethane would remain more elastic rather than simply compressing less in the first place. So, I'll also be starting the search for a set of standard TD3 blocks. If anybody has a line on some, a heads up would be appreciated.

Has anybody else heard of or experienced this problem? I don't figure it would manifest as badly out west, as I see it the worst in the negatives.

I assume yellow bushings all around? I had the same issue in cold weather. Try blues in the heel pieces and keep the yellows up front. The blues don't stay compressed. 

The real problem is where to get them. :/ Hopefully Fin can salvage the store. 

Have been using yellow sw bushing elastometer front and rear for a  few seasons. Have run them in warm and cold.    In the cold ,  say  zero F,  I can agree with you on a bit of loose , but not to the point of it affecting my riding at all.       But usually do not ride in zero or below, and wait for at least single #'s, and then it is not a problem at all.

slightly above the recommended limit for the yellows, ...?   did not know there was a weight limit.  I am probably over it, and am fine with yellow for front and rear,  I tried the yellow front and blue rear and did not like it,  kind of why bother with sw, if it does not flex,  imo.

Yellows all around, yes. I'd try blues if I could find them. If somebody has some they'd like to sell, let me know.

These are reasonably new, and definitely haven't seen enough sun to affect them at all. I'm surprised that bike manufactureses moved away from urethane when it's so effective in skateboard trucks. Most bikes don't seem like cold weather devices.

I took my bindings to the shop yesterday and started to disassemble them in the hopes of making aluminum blocks. Unfortunately the center pin is not intended to come out, and bushings are meant to be changed by compressing one till the other can be removed. Wouldn't quite work for aluminum.