Note to New Members ×

A sport for loners

1xsculler

I ride alone most of the time both going down the hill and riding up in the chair. People will que up but stay back when it's time to slide up to the chair . Been left alone at the alter more than most could handle without developing a phobia. By any chance could it be the Skwal ?

N

9 minutes ago, lowrider said:

By any chance could it be the Skwal ?

Nah. It's your BO. Boarder odour! 😉

Though I suspect some people just find us a little intimidating. I ride with other "outcasts". Had a great afternoon at Cardrona riding up, and down, with a paraplegic adaptive skier. Quad bike accident. He had a spring loaded chair that allowed him to self load on the chairlift.

Edited by SunSurfer

1 hour ago, lowrider said:

I ride alone most of the time both going down the hill and riding up in the chair. People will que up but stay back when it's time to slide up to the chair . Been left alone at the alter more than most could handle without developing a phobia. By any chance could it be the Skwal ?

I am usually the only one on a four or six man chair. 

Tomorrow should be sunny, well groomed and fast!  The K 168 will challenge me and will burn my quads up during my short  two hours. It’s a little harder to turn than my Coilers but is a very stable little hot rod if you stay on it  

One thing that ticks me off is that they moved the chair on Crystal’s Quicksilver run which may be the best carving run there. The chair used to be right next to the slope so if you did hookup nice clean, well carved pencil-line trenches you could see proof from above as you rode up. As you all know that can be almost as gratifying as feeling the “Gs” of nice turns.  The chair is now down in the woods and you can’t see any of your tracks...bumber!  Oh well!