Note to New Members ×

Race technique - bomber vs push-pull

ilya.s

To ilya:

the heelside turn: main trable it is hips position - underrotation. Start the turn with left thigh and controling the hips position - twist it. 

il1.jpg.5624360eb210b6df29664421acf58de9.jpg

The toeside turn: main trable - it is tilt in the turn. The soft snow is forgiving it. More angulation after initiation of the turn. The inclination and after angulation immediately.

il2.jpg.8294486fbafebd9db448a7f464dcaff3.jpg

P.S. sorry for bad english.

Edited by frozzen
  • Like 3

Frozzen, thanks for the video snippets! While I have this/or/that issue with things, the Overall Image is great! And, TVR, as well as his kids, are 'Visual Learners', all Regular Foot, while I am Goofy-footed. We've put your vids into the discussion grinder, but, the outcome has been improvement, due in large part to good form that my students can re-imagine as they go. Your Boots are another discussion forum of their own... Nonetheless, my thanks. Your riding speaks well of itself, in pictures. :ices_ange["PSR"]

On 3/9/2017 at 10:10 AM, frozzen said:

THX

Russian Team member Shipilov.  Look at the shoulders axis and the type of edge-change.

Coming out of the toe-side turn at about 0:04 https://youtu.be/GafSmC_zapE?t=4 , it almost looks like he thrusts his hips forward so that the rest of his body keeps up with the upper body and transitions him nicely into the next turn, correct?

• 4 weeks later...

@frozzen Thanks for the info.

Another Japanese brand I did'n't know yet. Here in Switzerland or western Europe I don't know any sources to buy moss, gray, yonex, ogasaka and even not black pearl snowboard. I found only Japanese webpages selling them. Do you know how they compare to oxess, kessler, SG, F2?

Edited by nextcarve