Note to New Members ×

History lesson

cbrkid1981

Unless you weigh less than 150lbs, those bindings are unsafe.  I had a pair when I was in college and 165.  Broke them on day one, and I don't usually break stuff.  At minimum, look for lightly used Burton Race Plates or Ibex.

That board has almost nothing in common with Madd.  All that gear is so old, hopefully it doesn't all shatter on your first day.  Good luck.

Hey  Massachusetts, I am local to you. I would agree with the above poster on those bindings, as I have a pair, and can see their weak points (were a gift as spare parts to me). I chose not to put them on my kids board for that reason. I don't know much about the board, but Burton and F2 have bindings all over this site and if you ever get hard up, I have an extra Burton set as well. Inexpensive and will prevent a bad day. Post if you are ever up at the White mountains as I would be interested in seeing that thing ride.

Hey TVR, I ride up at Berkshire East and Wachusett.  Let me know if you want to hook up and ride a few days together.  I can get you tickets at Berkshire East :)  I just felt bad for this board and it was like silly little money.  I have a bunch of other boards and plates to work with.  I think you're right about the plates I will probably just use my ibex they are my fav.  hit me up of FB if you want.

Diana duffy

About that Kemper;  It's a Goofy-Footed Asym. One of the last of them, probably '96 or '97. Ditch the Carrier bindings asap, as they're a 'rental' binding, and as noted, not good for riders who are aggressive and over 120 lbs.. You can use them, but, really only gently, so, you've been forewarned here.  The boots should be fine as long as they weren't stored in direct sunlight. IF there's a noticeable change of tint from the outer plastic to the hidden overlapped bits, then be mildly concerned. If there's a big fade, don't ride them. Otherwise, good boots, and they've got a nice flex to them IMHO.

So, after looking at photo, Corey may be right. However, my 148 Soul fooled many in it's day, being offset by only 7 degrees. My Gordo still freaks people out, once they've looked down the sidecuts (it's a Sym/Asym) and see the differential in curvatures. Whether it's an Asym or not will have to be proven by the owner.  As for Kemper, and alpine boards, my trail there ended in '94 model year, so... I'll be amused at any info for Kemper after '96...