Note to New Members ×

Raichle SB/Deeluxe Track 425/325/225/69T Cuff Cant

Jeffrey Day

So, has anyone come up with or know of any updates to the cheesy plastic cuff cant adjusters on the older Raichle SB series or the newer Deeluxe Track 425/325/225/69T?

I've stripped/replaced so many over the years! It'd be nice if someone would/could come up with some sort of metal replacement pieces!

With how long these boots have been around, and still manufactured, I'm surprised no one has done any R & D on a better solution.

Bomber Outfitters??? Seems like a perfect opportunity to introduce a new item for your loyal followers like myself! I know I'd buy a metal replacement piece/pieces in a heartbeat!

Anyone else have this problem? Am I the only one?

Chime in people!

post-94-0-86338800-1454867649_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-78239500-1454868554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeffrey Day

I am afraid you are going to be fighting a loosing battle.   Keeping the older models alive doesn't have allot of incentive for those in the business.   I have seen a number of replacement mods over the years.  None of which ramped up to any notable production.   I would buy up as many parts as you can find to keep yours alive if that is your intent.   I don't see anyone stepping forward to save the day for these older models.  Just my humble opinion.  

That's the thing Bryan, it's not just for my aging SB323 boots, or any older SB series boots! The Deeluxe Track 325 & Track 225 are still being manufactured. And, I assume, are a popular boot range as they fit different feet than the Track 700 do.

So unless I am not familiar with an update to the Track version of the SB series boots, a metal upgrade, for purchase, would be applicable to 2016 model year boots!

Just sayin'! Not Flamin'!

Thanks for chiming in Bryan!

Keep 'em coming!

Older Tecnica boots used an aluminum toothed rack for cuff alignment. If you could find a pair at the transfer station, or in your neighbor's basement, you could swipe that part, carve it down to size, and use it to replace the stripped lozenge-shaped piece.

There are other options, but organ harvesting is the most cost effective/expeditious.

I have owned the AF600TST, Deeluxe Suzuka and currently the Deeluxe Track700T over the years. The cuff cant mechanism is far superior on these boots than they are on the SB series boots. Now, I'm a lighter rider, so maybe my last statement might not be agreed upon by others on the forum! I have only had one AF series inner cuff cant break on me over the 10+ years of riding the AF boots. But I've had to replace/epoxy numerous inner and outer cuff cants on the SB series boots in the 5+ years riding them.

I just wish someone, whether it was Deeluxe that updated the cuff cant mechanism with some metal goodies, or an aftermarket party came out with a more durable option.