Note to New Members ×

Want to see something really pitiful?

Guest thomas_m

I wish you'd posted the photo last week.

I live in Reno - last week, my house still had 2' of snow on top. I have twelve days of easy work in Seattle this month, so I brought all my carving gear with me... I just assumed, if I had snow, then everyone's got snow!

Instead, I'm drinking on my own, trolling websites in a hotel room, when I really thought I'd be ripping lines at Steven's Pass.

I wonder if Hooters is open.

Bleh.

Washed-Out Washington Ski Area Season Passholders Ski and Ride for Free in Alaska

Girdwood, AK (Wednesday, February 2, 2005) - Alyeska Resort is offering free skiing and snowboarding for season passholders of Washington ski areas that are closed due to the lack of snow. Passholder guests with reservations at the Alyeska Prince Hotel will be awarded free lift tickets during their stay.

"Skiers have made an investment with their season pass and we would like to give them an opportunity to see some benefits," says Larry Daniels, general manager of Alyeska Ski Area. "This is a way to support our industry partners in keeping our customers satisfied."

Most Washington downhill ski areas - including the Summit at Snoqualmie, Stevens Pass and Crystal - remain closed.

"Seattle is only a three-hour flight from Anchorage," says Todd Clarke, director of mountain marketing and special events for Alyeska Resort. "This is a great opportunity to explore Alaska. It's time to cash in on your airline miles; take the trip and experience our over 320" of snowfall and Alaskan big mountain skiing."

Special hotel rates of $85 per night, Sunday through Thursday, and $95 per night, Friday and Saturday, are also extended to Washington ski area season passholders. Rack rate at the AAA 4-diamond Alyeska Prince Hotel begins at $180. Lift rates range from $10 to $50.

Washington ski area season passholders can call Alyeska Resort at (800) 880-3880 for hotel reservations and are reminded to bring their season pass to redeem this special offer. Reservations must be made while their ski area is closed due to the lack of snow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a bit trivial post:

found out the bubbles from the lift of vista bahn lift (chair #16) of Vail has been bought out by Aleyska. I'd call that a smart buy. Very very useful over there in terms of functionality than it is over here (i.e. smoking pot (hence rasta bahn), making out, and what not).

with photos of conditions at MT Naeba yesterday...on top of the meter of freshies over the weekend they got another 1/2 meter yesterday while we were boarding...however I was too busy boarding to actually shoot any photos :D (well that and it was semi white out). We had crappy condidtions earlier in the year but we are getting slamed now:D too bad I go back to sea next week until April...

Mt Shasta was fortunate enough to get some really good snow over the last week, not to mention the killer base we started out with. Here's my oldest daughter about to slide into one of my trenches last Sunday....:D You guys are welcome at our mountain any time,

Good luck,

Paul

post-857-141842200795_thumb.jpg