Note to New Members ×

Shameless Self promotion-free carving video

Bob L.

If any of you have kids just starting out snowboarding, take a look at this site . If you know of any new snowboarders who have griped about the beating their tailbone takes, read on.

A few years ago I was taking my friend's nephews snowboarding (they were newbees and had guttermonkey gear). From my own experience, it was the slams onto the hardpack, tailbone-first that made learning miserable, so I rigged up a solution that worked really well. This past fall I managed to get some of these manufactured and finally have them ready. It's a REALLY effective and way cheaper alternative to anything else out there on the market for saving your tailbone . It sells for less than $10, tucks into your snow pants and nobody else can even tell that it's being worn, and it WORKS!!!.

The key was to use an improbable material for shock absorptionn that works better than any of the foams I tried (as used in other more expensive, less effective products).

I've gotten great responses to the product from snowboard instructors ( including our own Eric Brammer from Stratton), so take a look. You can order with Paypal from the web site ( http://www.thetailgator.com ) and if you mention bomberonline in the 'special instructions' box, I'll include a CD with 26 minutes of edited carving footage that I shot over that past few years (here's a sample video clip of Mr. Gilmour from last year)

Thanks for putting up with the capitalist intrusion and dig 'em deep!!!

bob

www.thetailgator.com

So Bob L, best of luck with your product, BUT...one suggestion

your site really doesnt give enough visual info to tell "me," the average buyer, what it is. More pics would be a VERY good idea. The more the better, I say. should be quite easy to code into the site

or did I miss something?

Originally posted by D-Sub

So Bob L, best of luck with your product, BUT...one suggestion

your site really doesnt give enough visual info to tell "me," the average buyer, what it is. More pics would be a VERY good idea. The more the better, I say. should be quite easy to code into the site

or did I miss something?

i agree! sounds cool, but alot of people need pictures, including myself!

awesome job! its always tough to have an idea then bring it to market.

Barret.

thanks for the feedback on the web site guys. I know I need to get more photos or even a short vid clip. Anyone know Stephanie Seymour's number?

SWiv... it works great as an insulator for the chairlift rides on sub-zero days and is a lot more shock absorbent than any of the foams.

Anyone going to be at Loon tomorrow (thursday)? Looks like there'll be at least 2 of us there.

Bob,

Last weekend I tried shooting video for the 1st time- while riding and of other riders. MUCH harder than i thought and video was not real good. How exactly did you shoot that "action" video of Gilmour? That's pretty damn good quality and camera work as far as I'm concerned. Please share your technique and/or tip.

thx,

Barry

Using skis actually does make it much easier. I aqlso found that once you get used to how your camera works, you can hold it in an underhand way and extend your arm down low and point it in the direction you want. I've been able to absorb most of the shock/shake using this technique, but it took a season to get used to it so I could keep the person in the frame the whole time. Oh..also helps to bend you knees a ton and use them as shock absorbers.

LOL, why would I ski? I ride, like everyone here. I want some of my friends to take footage of me, too. It's not my camera, it's a camera from work, so I can't really use it too often. I bend my knees a lot when I ride and I did try holding it upside down, but then the whole perspective is upsdide down. I may get a helmet cam, who knows. I already ride w/ a mp3 player, and camelback, so why not a camcorder and helmet cam, right?

===

Barry