Note to New Members ×

UPZ Boots

Maxlanaudiere

4 hours ago, NHRider said:

Exactly what liners are you guys running in your UPZ'S?. just switched from 325's to rc10's for the same reasons as jack. The stock liners felt good for about 2 days and already loosey goosey. 

Luxury for me, I love the lace, I can tighten the liner.

I have narrow ankles and small heels.

I took the medium thickness mondo 27 in a 26.5 rc10 upz boots plus custom footbeds.

Not easy to put on but no heel lift at last! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 3:24 PM, Surf Quebec said:

Luxury for me, I love the lace, I can tighten the liner.

I have narrow ankles and small heels.

I took the medium thickness mondo 27 in a 26.5 rc10 upz boots plus custom footbeds.

Not easy to put on but no heel lift at last! 

Surf Quebec, are these Zipfits that you're talking about? What model did you get and did it change the stiffness of the boot?

RE: Cant discs and UPZ boot ramp. I simply switched my discs, putting the 6 in the front and the 3 in the rear and that felt best for me, but I had to move my whole stance 1cm forward to keep me centered in the sweet spot on the board. I tried 6 & 6, and even with widening my stance, I felt less stable.

Edited by bigwavedave

• 4 weeks later...

My flow liners started getting packed out pretty bad.   I found a pair of Intuition Alpine Wrap liners on sale in my size at a local shop (I used the money saved to buy a pair of booster straps and some fancy "ski" socks). The Alpine wraps were size 9, and my flows were labeled 9½, but the Intuitions seemed to be a good fit.

The Alpine Wrap seemed to be similar in stiffness to the Flow liners. If anything they are a bit stiffer. I'm still tweaking the fit by remolding problem areas. I still can't go more than 4-5 hours without my feet complaining. But...

...I can't believe the difference in power transmission to the board. It was like experiencing rack and pinion steering for the first time, requiring noticeably more subtle input. I must have been way overcompensating before.  I switched back to the flow liners one day when my feet started hurting, and the lack of control was almost comical.

By the way, the fancy "ski" socks (although thin) seemed to cause some friction and irritation and were not a good replacement for the thin synthetic "dress" or liner socks that I've always preferred.