Note to New Members ×

Over 50 club

Bobby Buggs

As I reported here

2 over-50 riders did race snowboard World Championships at Lachtal / Kreischberg (Austria) last week.

Vladimir Bella (Slovakia) is 55 Years old and get last rank No.52. While Leos Prokopec Senior (Czech Republic) is 58 Years old. He did not finish.

Bella tooks 40 % more time for his run, than slowest young Canadian rider.

As from a note of a newspaper both crashed on that run of Worldchampionships.

Prokopec was crossing the course of Bella, hit him and they crashed to the ground. Bella became a re-run.

We can find 2 more riders on FIS races coming from the "Over 50 club".

Marko Vezovisek from Slovenia, he is 55 Years old,

Fabrizio Fava from Italy, he sis 54 Years old.

The 4 riders do FIS races and/or Europa-Cup races during the season.

Edited by snowmatic

Well, I'm a bit older now so here's a pic from when i was  64 years, 1 month & 2 days !

Ya never know when your last day is coming when you are this old so I better get the good pics out of my phone while I can :)

PS:  it really helps not to cross your old line as the slightest skid and you won't get back above the tower again.

Later !

thats hilarious....i'm 64 and trying to get a group of geezerboarders together to do a weekend tv article for our local media.i went to my urologist tuesday and found out he boards as well (must be 65 at  least) , owns a screaming beutiful chalet at our local hill.....my chiropractor is a native hawaiian who grew up on a surfboard, i just waxed his longboard this week. i work with a retired Pa. state trooper turned hippie who boards....small world.....