Note to New Members ×

N.I.C.E. 2015 January 20-25

kram

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Two Ravens, I'm looking at renting a house through VRBO.com. Per-night cost is likely to be pretty similar to Motel 6 (though we could do a bit better if we get more people), but having stayed in those hotels, a house should be nicer and more fun. I'll PM you the listings that I'm looking at, let me know if you're interested. I'm looking at dog-friendly properties, with a mix of private rooms and multi-bed rooms, staying Jan. 21 -- 24. 

Edited by Dan

If anyone else might be interested in staying in a shared house, let me know. I'm primarily looking in town, which is not ski-in/ski-out, but is close to bars, restaurants, and the grocery store. 

Dan, I was just sitting down at the computer last night to pull the plug on the NICE trip and see if anyone wanted to buy my tickets -  when I saw your message.  So I thought about it for another day and crunched numbers again - but I really don't have the money or energy to be traveling again so soon after Christmas.  So.... thank you for the kind offer.  I really do want to make it up for NICE - always looks like an awesome gathering.  It will be on the top of my list for next year.....  Once again, I'll just be looking at the cool pictures.  Have fun, do a turn for me please!!!!!!!

OK, for anyone who's thinking about joining us, here's the rental house we have lined up: http://www.vrbo.com/930048ha

We have it reserved Wednesday January 21 through Sunday January 25th (leaving the 25th). It's a good deal: $236 apiece for the 4 people staying there now. It's a huge house, and there's definitely room for more, so let me know if you're interested. If we can get 2 more people, everyone only pays $200 apiece: beats the hell out of the hotels. 

Do to the lame early load turnout last year. (6 out of 20 got out of bed) and the lack of interest this year the mountain pulled the plug on the early loads for this year. They are still giving us 20% off on lift tickets and free Nastar with snowboard gates on Saturday and Sunday.   

Thing are falling into place. We have been getting snow with some more on the way and some sun later in the week. We pick up the T shirts on Tuesday. BBQing on mountain at the bottom of the triple chair lift on Thursday. Friday we have the mountain photographer setting up on a run of our choice. Dan has rented a house in Sandpoint that sleeps 20.

Were going to have a good time

Hey Russ, awesome! There are 6 bedrooms (!) and 12 beds, so some people won't have their own room, but everyone gets their own bed. We have the house from tomorrow night through Saturday night; check out is 10 a.m. Sunday. I'll let the owner know and get back to you on the exact cost (she charges on a sliding scale for each additional person), but it should be about $200 apiece.

Please PM me the first/last names of the people in your group ASAP -- the owner requires that information. 

Also, there is a hot tub, so bring a swimsuit!

One question for the Schweitzer guys: should I bring a rock board, or is coverage on the groom pretty good? 

Edited by Dan

Today was one of those days you should have been there. I think probably the best grooming of the year (i know that’s not saying a whole lot but it is getting better) and under sunny skies too. Took some runs with John and Dale and saw one other hardbooter that I did not know. Tomorrow's weather looks the same as today, same crew plus 2. Thursday 9 or 10 carvers expected. I have the discount ticket vouchers in my coat so if you show up unexpected you need to hunt me or one off the other locals down.

mark 610-6131

• 1 month later...

It is way better than you think. I have been up every day since I got back from Oregon. Our made made snow and our grooming is fabulous. And the new snow we got last night helped a ton. Tomorrow is going to be even better.