Note to New Members ×

Bachelor 2013-2014 Thread

Mike T

Pretty good up over the weekend. Sat was blue bird and a bit brisk, Sunday was a little more blustry, but still modest visability while moving. Several race camps (it looked like) with at least a few HS age kids on alpine gear, as well as a handful of adults on alpine or plate/ freeride set ups. Some thin patches, but generally good carving everywhere.

1609671_10152649210353849_529078422_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

Very good coverage across the whole mountain. Grooming on the front side sucked royally the last 3 days mostly because they focused their efforts on T-Bird where some big regional ski race has been going on, last day tomorrow. Grooming on Downunder and Kangaroo was amazingly smooth Friday, and much better than the front side today. It's fun as you don't mind it being firm to downright icy. There were signs saying "Caution - Icy" at the top of Snapshot Alley, and it indeed looked pretty reflective, so I passed on it today. Today Kangaroo was sufficiently firm that nobody else was riding it, might have seen a total of 5 skiers over 6 laps.

The spring schedule is here... http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/mountain/tickets/springtacular/spring_operations. Note that starting a week from tomorrow lifts close at 2pm, and they will be down to 4 lifts (Pine, Sky, Summit, NW).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Base depth loss is accelerating. Keep an eye out for rocks, and you will get dirt in your base. Having said that, yesterday (Sat) was still damn good. I am planning to ride Friday of the weather is halfway decent.

Mike,

Weather report looks like 57 and sunny on Thursday, 54 and showers on Friday. Looks like Thursday might be the end for me, let me know if you change your mind. Monsters like slush.

Where do you all hang out at Bachelor? I was up there 4-5 times the last couple of months and only saw one hard-booter (passing by me and my 4-yr-old 3 or 4 times when I was teaching him to ski on Home Run @ Sunshine chair) Is there any place in Bend to buy alpine gear? (I'm from Grants Pass)

Where do you all hang out at Bachelor? I was up there 4-5 times the last couple of months and only saw one hard-booter (passing by me and my 4-yr-old 3 or 4 times when I was teaching him to ski on Home Run @ Sunshine chair) Is there any place in Bend to buy alpine gear? (I'm from Grants Pass)

There's no place in Bend to buy alpine gear... occasionally something 15+ years old and in generally poor condition will show up at the consignment shops but that's it. Unless you're looking for some F2 standard bindings, size M, in which case I might have a pair floating around :D

I hag out wherever the good grooming or powder is on any given day... which could be anywhere