Note to New Members ×

F2 Titanflex vs. TD3

piusthedrcarve

I saw F2 Intec Titanflex bindings in one of Classified posts recently. YYZCanuck site says it has 10mm suspension. I currently ride on F2 Race Titanium bindings.

First, Does F2 make this set up for bail bindings? If it exist or can be added to bail bindings, has anyone ride on those?

Secondly, how does it ride, especially shock absorption, compared to TD3?

Thirdly, is it worth or go with alpine isolation plates, if I'm looking a solution for shock absorption?

Edited by piusthedrcarve
correction on words

They do a bail (non step in) version, or at from memory I believe they did 10 years ago.

Actually the bindings were (maybe still are) the same, except that you don't get the little wheel adjuster on the toe piece of the titan flex. It's just a block of stuff which sits under the binding, and some longer 4x4 bolts to fasten it together. So it's a different concept. I have an old pair somewhere but I never used them as I like the standard race bindings well enough.

i had an intec set of titanflex - didn't like them on any board, wide or narrow.

the stack height was very noticeable and they reduced the direct-input sensation i like with hardboots.

maybe consider the s-flex plates? don't recall who's the fan of those on here, but someone is.

Then... Titanflex seems just raising the height of the bindings, if it doesn't absorb much. Then my search for shock absorption under bindings will be ended at isolate plate systems. I rode TD3 for a couple of seasons and I don't think S-Flex plates are much more difference than risers or TD3. Again, thanks for the quick replies

In my opinion the greatest percentage of shock absorption with be derived from an isolation plate. Your choice of bindings after that will have a lesser effect. These observations are derived from riding mostly ice and man made groom. The softer the flex of the plate the more shock absorption. Plates provide results that changes in boots bindings and even boards can't. A plate will make any type of board perform better in less than ideal conditions.

• Like 1

Then... Titanflex seems just raising the height of the bindings, if it doesn't absorb much.
<<This is correct.

I had them, the only thing different was a riser disc and thicker pads under the toe/heel portion. I tossed the disc and went with the thin rubber pads from the standard Ti bindings. They may not have better dampening than the TD-x series but they do flex more due to the toe and heel block being plastic.

Edited by Bobby Buggs

I don't mind the extra height, it's not like they are towering or anything.
at 6'5" i don't feel a need for much more leverage ;)

i can seem to bend/twist the f2 intec boot-binding interface quite readily, so having that plastic shim underneath exaggerated the result and made it feel very vague. always had the feeling i was about to suffer an unplanned detach.

I saw F2 Intec Titanflex bindings in one of Classified posts recently. YYZCanuck site says it has 10mm suspension. I currently ride on F2 Race Titanium bindings.

First, Does F2 make this set up for bail bindings? If it exist or can be added to bail bindings, has anyone ride on those?

Secondly, how does it ride, especially shock absorption, compared to TD3?

Thirdly, is it worth or go with alpine isolation plates, if I'm looking a solution for shock absorption?

First, No and Yes, and Yes

Secondly, I love them the are my favorite binding set up on S-flex plates Or directly mounted to a board, I enjoy the ride much more then a all metal binding.

Thirdly, yup if you have a low plate and want the lift, But direct mount on a plate seems best for me with f2

You can see the set up here in the opening of this old vid.

http://www.viddler.com/v/2bd1fb0c

Edited by Bordy

First, No and Yes, and Yes

Secondly, I love them the are my favorite binding set up on S-flex plates Or directly mounted to a board, I enjoy the ride much more then a all metal binding.

Thirdly, yup if you have a low plate and want the lift, But direct mount on a plate seems best for me with f2

You can see the set up here in the opening of this old vid.

http://www.viddler.com/v/2bd1fb0c

Thanks Bordy. So the setup shown on the video is Race Titanium + Titanflex's base + S-Flex? That may add 20 mm on height. I also find direct mount with minimal cushion is best for me to feel the snow and board. The reason I was looking for some suspension was for all mountain ridings on a traditional cambered all mountain boards.

Edited by piusthedrcarve

The reason I was looking for some suspension was for all mountain ridings on a traditional cambered all mountain boards.

Depending on what you consider all-mountain... If you mean just less then ideal conditions, you might benefit from some suspension. Scooby rides TD2 suspension kit under the TD3 elastomer! Works great for him.

Otherwise, if you ment pow/trees/moguls, then I'd jusst go with light very flexible bindings like Blax/Nidecker/Proflex/F2 Carve RS, or slightly stiffer Burton Race Plates/F2 Race/Snowpro.

• 1 month later...